Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Liz - Aruba Lover

Thread: Has anyone used MIO for Internet from Costa Linda

Dom

Has anyone used MIO for Internet from Costa Linda

I will be staying at the Costa Linda, and I was just wondering if anyone has used the MIO device for Internet service from the Costa Linda. In the past I have always purchased the Setar Internet card, but their service has not been that good. Also, with the Setar card you can only connect 1 device at a time. The MIO device looks good, but I do not know if it will be able to pick up a signal from the CL.
    Dom
    First visited Aruba in 1972

Are you sure it isn't a limitation with your device? We use a SETAR sim card in our Nexus 4 phone and it allows us to tether multiple devices (two iPads and a Nexus 7) to share internet access (i.e. the Nexus 4 acts as a wifi hotspot).

Boca Catalina, Arashi Beach Manchebo Beach, Eagle Beach
    Costa Linda has improved their wifi service and now has a plan that allows you to use two devices at one time. We found the wifi to be much better on our last visit in Feb. I've never tried MIO, but it sounds interesting.

Senior Member Liz - Aruba Lover's Avatar
    MIO works great anywhere on the island even on the beach.

Dom
    I used a SIM in my IPhone 4S 2 years ago. At that time, Setar did not allow using the Phone as a HotSpot. I did send them an Email, and they did indicate that I can now use the Phone as a HotSpot. The thing I do not like about Setar is that their SIM card expires if you do not use it in a year. Which means that I would have to buy a new SIM every time I return to Aruba. The Setar Internet card is not a SIM. It is a card that allows you to purchase either 1 week or 1 month of WI-FI service.
    Last edited by Dom; 08-05-2014 at 03:35 PM.
    Dom
    First visited Aruba in 1972

I love my little MIO device !! Best wifi service. Works anywhere on the island.