Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree29Likes

Thread: Have you purchased your Trip Insurance?

Aruba since 1979
    smoki it depends.
    does your pilgrim reimburse out of pocket medical costs? i do know medicare does not reimburse.
    (comprehensive trip insurance will)

reimburse for medical evacuation in the event that you need to be evacuated by air?
    reimburse you for extended travel delays?
    reimburse you for lost or delayed luggage?

comprehensive trip insurance will cover for all of the above...

so, it is not only about being reimbursed for health and air.

a few years ago, 2010 or 11 there was a hurricane that appeared to be bearing down on florida.
    we were in aruba, our flight home was cancelled due to the storm (storm eventually made a turn and missed fla.)
    we were unable to be put on a return flight for 4 days.
    we had to pay for additional days car rental, resort extra days, food, parking fee at orlando or miami, and extra animal care.
    the comprehensive covered all, including the animal care.

we were glad that we had it.

QUOTE=smoki;304776]This is the first year we did not get trip insurance. I was told by Jet Blue that my credit card would cover it for canceling the trip. I do have Medicare & Harvard Pilgrim health insurance. Do you still think I should take the trip insurance?[/QUOTE]

I'm getting nervous, I am e-mailing Travelex insurance right now! Thanks everyone, I should of known better.

Just booked with IGA and got some good prices. Again thanks for reminding me,,,,you never know!

Purchased trip insurance as soon as air was booked. I make sure we have good medical coverage and evacuation coverage. Since we are seniors you never know what may happen. To me it would be worth every penney if we ever do need to use. it. Thank you to Andrea for aiding me in where to look for good trip insurance. She is very knowledgeable about many many things. I have gotten a lot of tips from all of you who posts and thank you for that.

Smoki, we have Medicare and Harvard Pilgrim as well. In the newsletter that came today they addressed this issue saying that when traveling outside the US you need to pay up front and then submit receipts for reimbursement. They suggest purchasing travel insurance. My husband's policy is through the GIC in Massachusetts. Not sure if you have the same type policy.

Thanks Pegmeister, hope we never have to use it. I picked IGA, the Silver Plan. You just never know ; )

How do you choose the company to go with? Does it matter? I'm looking at policies now - AIG, Allianz, & C&F Travel - all about the same price, within a few dollars of each other. Only big difference I see is that C&F offers Medical Evacuation of $1,000,000 where the other two are "only" $500,000. I want to pick AIG because I've heard of the company before & used to use them for auto insurance lol
    Jacki ~ loving Aruba from NJ

I have used both AIG and Allianz based on name and reputation. Allianz at one time was the vendor one of the major airlines used so I felt that gave them credibility. Luckily we have never had to use any of them! I will say AIG was easy to communicate with and no hassle changing my dates when I needed to.
    7 trips in and still finding things to love. Trip #8 coming November 2017!

Thanks
    Jacki ~ loving Aruba from NJ

How do you determine the trip cost? For example, we are renting a 2BR at the Marriott and there are 4 of us in my family that are going. Do I split that cost among all 4 of us? Should I add in airfare as well into the cost?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast