Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree29Likes

Thread: Have you purchased your Trip Insurance?

Wow 1m Medical Evac!!!

Usually its 30K a person which is all you need but if I saw 1M I would feel really secure I can go to Miami, NY or anywhere where there is a major hospital for a real serious emergency.. When you get insurance you hope you will not need it like car insurance but should a situation arrise, I would want the most coverage. Sometimes I goggle companies like I type review aLLIANZ ETC and read up on the experience from people who had an emergency and see how these insurance companies took care of them.

Quote Originally Posted by lucky978 View Post
    How do you determine the trip cost? For example, we are renting a 2BR at the Marriott and there are 4 of us in my family that are going. Do I split that cost among all 4 of us? Should I add in airfare as well into the cost?
    I include everything. Insure my trip dotcom gives you the option of clicking if your cost is per person or per family.
    Jacki ~ loving Aruba from NJ

Natural Pool, Druif Beach, Eagle Beach, California Lighthouse, Helicopter
    I've never thought too much about trip insurance but when I recently booked our flights I noticed it was offered. I didn't know enough to purchase but I noticed it was $100 more after purchasing tickets. I may look into it after reading all this though. It's just comforting knowing everything would be taken care of.

Quote Originally Posted by sunnysmiles View Post
    I've never thought too much about trip insurance but when I recently booked our flights I noticed it was offered. I didn't know enough to purchase but I noticed it was $100 more after purchasing tickets. I may look into it after reading all this though. It's just comforting knowing everything would be taken care of.
    We originally started buying it when we had family members who were very ill. We wanted to know we could get back to be with our family if something happened. After thant, we just kept buying it. You just never know what can happen: a fall, an appendix issue, anything. When looking for companies, look for ones that meet your needs - for us it was important at first to be able to get back home for a family member, but now we are more concerned with emergency medical. I like sites like insuremytrip because you really can customize the package to your needs.

After seeing so many people airlift off cruise ships (yes in middle of ocean) and on islands knowing it cost them more then some can afford.
    One nun I met her cousin had to pay for everything up front.. (thank god for credit cards) then had to submit the claims to the insurance company. (the ambulance actually took him to the bank to withdraw $$ from the bank)
    Wonder if any of the trip insurance company pays for you at the time or do you have to submit the bills??

Aruba since 1979
    mostly credit card and then wait for reimbursement.

a friend was airlifted from a mediterranean cruise last summer with a compound fracture ankle.
    the airlift medical dealt directly with her trip insurance so she did not have to use a credit card.
    her medicare supplement and her trip insurance covered everything at the hospital and then her flight home, but that stuff she had to put on her credit card and wait for reimbursement.

(her injury was caused by a waiter that tripped in the dining room and falling on top of her, breaking her ankle. she was seated.....but the cruise line NCL has yet to cover anything)

Quote Originally Posted by brady bear View Post
    After seeing so many people airlift off cruise ships (yes in middle of ocean) and on islands knowing it cost them more then some can afford.
    One nun I met her cousin had to pay for everything up front.. (thank god for credit cards) then had to submit the claims to the insurance company. (the ambulance actually took him to the bank to withdraw $$ from the bank)
    Wonder if any of the trip insurance company pays for you at the time or do you have to submit the bills??

Wonder what happens if one has insurance but no credit card with that kind of limit to pay up front?
    Or no insurance. Scary to think about.
    That is why people should buy the insurance for just in case.

Aruba since 1979
    we are leaving on carnival sunshine tomorrow for 5 nights
    our travel companions never buy the insurance...never

paul and i paid $44 total for the insurance for this trip.
    a small price to pay

Safe travels..
    We leave in 3 weeks from today

Quote Originally Posted by lucky978 View Post
    How do you determine the trip cost? For example, we are renting a 2BR at the Marriott and there are 4 of us in my family that are going. Do I split that cost among all 4 of us? Should I add in airfare as well into the cost?
    Some years ago, we were advised not to include the cost of a timeshare fee because the timeshare is considered to be "owned" and for that reason, travel insurance policies do not cover this cost. [Perhaps this has changed, or was incorrect advice?] Therefore, we now just include the cost of out park/stay/fly hotel, and airfare. The rate is reasonable for these costs.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast