Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
Like Tree29Likes

Thread: Have you purchased your Trip Insurance?

Aruba since 1979
    I would be very interested in knowing if the timeshare rental fee was reimbursable from trip cancellation insurance.
    Quote Originally Posted by NH Mark View Post
    Some years ago, we were advised not to include the cost of a timeshare fee because the timeshare is considered to be "owned" and for that reason, travel insurance policies do not cover this cost. [Perhaps this has changed, or was incorrect advice?] Therefore, we now just include the cost of out park/stay/fly hotel, and airfare. The rate is reasonable for these costs.

Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    I would be very interested in knowing if the timeshare rental fee was reimbursable from trip cancellation insurance.
    As a renter, I always include the cost of my rental when getting trip insurance. I have proof of payment and a reservation that I was paying for. Hopefully I never have to find out!
    As an owner, your cost is a maintenance fee and not the cost of your accommodation so you have to pay whether your trip is cancelled or interrupted anyway, so I would be curious to see if it would be covered. I should say, I have no knowledge or expertise in this area, just my 2 cents.
    Last edited by Traceyd14; 01-10-2017 at 04:34 PM.

I haven't included the maintenance cost in the trip insurance. Only flights & hotel (for before/after add ons)
    Jacki ~ loving Aruba from NJ

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234