Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
Like Tree4Likes
  • 4 Post By miky2884

Thread: Heading back for my 19th visit

Heading back for my 19th visit

My wife and I just booked our yearly trip April 9-17th at the Costa Linda. This will be my 19th trip. I feel pretty lucky to be 32 and and going back for my 19th visit. This will be my wife and i 5th trip together since 2009. Every year we leaving not knowing if we will be able to go back the following year. This year did not look good with the price of air and not being able to find a decent priced condo at Costa Linda. We got air fare out of JFK round trip for 1300$ Jet Blue direct booked yesterday. My wife is a school teacher and we are forced to go during peak school vacation weeks so finding reasonable airfare is not easy. But everything aligned and we are headed back!

Eagle Beach, Baby Beach, Arashi Beach Tierra Del Sol golf course
    Quote Originally Posted by miky2884 View Post
    My wife and I just booked our yearly trip April 9-17th at the Costa Linda. This will be my 19th trip. I feel pretty lucky to be 32 and and going back for my 19th visit. This will be my wife and i 5th trip together since 2009. Every year we leaving not knowing if we will be able to go back the following year. This year did not look good with the price of air and not being able to find a decent priced condo at Costa Linda. We got air fare out of JFK round trip for 1300$ Jet Blue direct booked yesterday. My wife is a school teacher and we are forced to go during peak school vacation weeks so finding reasonable airfare is not easy. But everything aligned and we are headed back!
    You are lucky at your age. We have been 18 times and I am 72. Of course we did not discover Aruba until I was 53. It can be a problem when you have to go at certain times. We are very flexible so it is a lot easier and cheaper. We can go almost any time.

I've still got some ways to go before I make it to my 19th trip. I only started going to Aruba when I was 36 and have made four trips so far with the fifth trip on the horizon in September of this year. I used to go in early August with my relatives to coincide with their trips, eventually I began going on my own on two occasions in 2014(January and September). Well like the saying goes, better late than never. Enjoy your trip!!

Yes I am very lucky my dad started taking my brother and I when we were very young. I believe my first visit was when I was 12 or 13. We usto spend two weeks on the island. Boy was I spoiled! Going for a week at a time now just doesn't feel long enough. But again I feel fortunate to be able to return as often as I do.

15th trip coming up in August - Can't wait [neither can the 2 Grandchildren !