Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 63
Like Tree22Likes

Thread: Help me get Beer to Aruba!

  1. #51
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    216
    Dom, good to know. Pack the beer in ziplock bags incase they explode.

  2. #52
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    149
    For those of the Top Gun generation.... My endeavour has run into a unrecoverable flat spin and Goose is dead.

    I have not been able to acquire the canned version of beer needed. I must now prepare my palet for two weeks of alternative spirts/beverages available at Duty free and Lings. I will focus on the Aruban surroundings and the good people and just suck it up like a big boy.

    My head is lowered as I have not only failed myself, but others cheering me and hoping to learn how to bring in some liquid paradise to the island paradise.

    ** Mitchyd - I ask that you hurry up and retire to open a Microbrew on the island. If that is a long way out, please advise so I can start day trading to beat you to it!

    So I have lost the battle, but not the war. More to come with future trips.

    Counting the days!

    Ted
    Next Aruba trip in

  3. #53
    Senior Member cpjones's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Eagle Beach, Glitz Casino, Manchebo Beach Resort
    Posts
    3,893
    Quote Originally Posted by thadius65 View Post
    For those of the Top Gun generation.... My endeavour has run into a unrecoverable flat spin and Goose is dead.

    I have not been able to acquire the canned version of beer needed. I must now prepare my palet for two weeks of alternative spirts/beverages available at Duty free and Lings. I will focus on the Aruban surroundings and the good people and just suck it up like a big boy.

    My head is lowered as I have not only failed myself, but others cheering me and hoping to learn how to bring in some liquid paradise to the island paradise.

    ** Mitchyd - I ask that you hurry up and retire to open a Microbrew on the island. If that is a long way out, please advise so I can start day trading to beat you to it!

    So I have lost the battle, but not the war. More to come with future trips.

    Counting the days!

    Ted
    Gotta tell ya.... not the happy ending I hoped for and anticipated for you. If I were you, I'd seek solace in a few Amstel Brites!

  4. #54
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Baby Beach and the Marriott Ocean Club smokey joes and happy hour by the beach
    Posts
    97
    all though a little disappointed i hope you enjoy yourself and have a great trip

  5. #55
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    149
    Quote Originally Posted by cpjones View Post
    Gotta tell ya.... not the happy ending I hoped for and anticipated for you. If I were you, I'd seek solace in a few Amstel Brites!
    A few??
    Next Aruba trip in

  6. #56
    Senior Member DiviDiviFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Pelican Pier at sunset with a bucket of Brights! Sunsets at Bunker Bar LG Smith Steakhouse, Paddock
    Posts
    1,824
    You gotta me kidding me!!!! Oh well....we all loved reading and dreaming along with you, better luck next time. I'm with CP love, love the Brights! Good news is you will still be in Aruba so enjoy....and hopefully you will have a fun trip report to share with us fans of yours

  7. #57
    Senior Member WaltVB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Scott's Brats, Iguana Joes, Surf Club
    Posts
    2,751
    Thadius, hold your head high my friend! You have taken all of us through a wonderful dream of getting a brew we love to paradise. Your extensive research and calculations are awe inspiring. I hope you have a great trip and maybe can learn to accept some of the local beers so many of us have come to love (accept?). Cheers to you and everyone on their way to our favorite place on Earth!

  8. #58
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    216
    Ted, if you love that local beer of yours can't u have it overnighted to your home?

    I don't want the dream, our dream, to die, lol

    Pick that head up, start thinking! Never say die!

  9. #59
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    149
    Thanks for all the motivation and kind words.... ah the silly things in life that make us smile. I will not give up and will hopefully have many more shots at this in the coming years. And trust me, if I find my self whining about this while in the most awesome island on earth, I will kick myself in the a##!
    Next Aruba trip in

  10. #60
    Senior Member cpjones's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Eagle Beach, Glitz Casino, Manchebo Beach Resort
    Posts
    3,893
    Quote Originally Posted by thadius65 View Post
    Thanks for all the motivation and kind words.... ah the silly things in life that make us smile. I will not give up and will hopefully have many more shots at this in the coming years. And trust me, if I find my self whining about this while in the most awesome island on earth, I will kick myself in the a##!
    Great plan! Can't help but think ".... to be continued!"

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO