Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide

Help with plane arrival time

Sorry if this questions seems silly but I am confused.
    I am flying to Aruba in March from NJ, leaving at 8:30am and arriving in Aruba at 1:14pm, but since Aruba is 1 hour ahead of our time in NJ, does that mean the plane actually lands at 2:14pm Aruba time?

Any help would be greatly appreciated as I am trying to arrange for a car service and don't want to tell them the wrong time.

Any Aruba beach...
    Times on your airplane ticket are the time for that location. Departure time is NJ time, arrival time is Aruba time.

Daylight saving time in the US begins earlier than traditionally with new laws enacted in 2006 (?)

"In 2008, daylight time begins on March 9 and ends on November 2."

So assuming you are flying after March 9, you do not have to worry about any time changes and your total flight time is 4 hours, 44 minutes.
    Last edited by Arubalisa; 01-25-2008 at 11:20 AM.

Our car service always checks our arrival time in case of delays, etc., so they will know what time you are due in.

Nope it means 1:14 Aruba time! I just got back last night!
    The snow is everywhere I look, I cant wait for that view to be palm trees!

If you are flying US Air from Philadelphia flight #853 leaves Phila at 7:30AM not 8:30. It arrives in Aruba at 1:09 Aruba time until daylight savings time takes effect, then in Aruba 12:09. Actual flight time from Phila is a little less that 4 hours, not counting the time on the tarmac.

If traveling midweek US Air ticket counters open at 5:00AM. TSA security opens about 5:15. You must check your bag at the ticket counter even if you check in on line. In November we arrived at about 4:15 (our limo was early) and we were third in line. Suggest arriving a little before 5:00. Not sure about weekend lines but suspect it is a little more crowded.

By the way, in Nov. flights both ways left on time and arrived early by 20-25 minutes.

yeah it was that time change on March 9 that had me screwed up at first. We were originally going to go a week later but I couldn't find the connecting flight from ATL to CRW - they had us spending the night in Atlanta! I called Delta and talked with a rep. and he couldn't see it at first either, then we were like "DUH!" the time change would have meant we'd miss the connecting flight. Sooo, we decided to go a week earlier so that we get home the same day we leave Aruba.
    the sun and the sand, and a drink in my hand...