Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

HELP !!! Save my trip !

We are leaving on Friday for what should be two glorious weeks in Aruba but I have a nagging dilemma and I hoped my fellow Aruba lovers could offer suggestions..... I have been sick with a cold since before Christmas and have been left with a crappy case of continuous cough, mostly when I lay down, that has resulted in extremely poor sleep !! Cant imagine the poor guy who has to sit on the plane next to me if this nonsense keeps up....have tried everything available and would really like IT TO STOP !!! Any home remedies for this annoyance ? I am sure a few Balashis and some warm sunshine will help but until then ????? (apologies in advance if I picked the wrong venue for this question, but I am desperate)

Not trying to be funny,but did you try the doctors office?Hope all turns out ok,have a great vacation.

Catashi, thats were our rented bungalow is. Our fav beach is Rogersbeach. Our favorite hangout, the Cigar Lounge of Ruben de Lange.
    I had a bad cough a few weeks ago, my doc wrote me a prescription for codeine tablets, its the medicine aginst a nasty cough, so maby you can ask him. Mind you be carefull with aclcohol, and it wil make you a bit sleepy.

Have you tried Delsym? It is an over the counter cough suppressant and it doesn't make you drowsy. I had bronchitis last year and the cough hung around for what seemed like forever. The Delsym worked and it lasts 12 hours. Good luck and feel better!!!!

Kingpin,great pictures.Angel.......NICE tattoo.How long did it take?Thanks for sharing your pictures and vacation.

Aruba since 1979
    1. get yourself a netti pot saline sinus rinse! (see Dr. Oz's site)

2. cough medicine that works!
    2T honey
    2T hot water
    2T apple cider vinegar
    1/4 tsp cayenne pepper

mix and drink (YUKKY) but it works

good luck
    AND
    wear a disposable face mask on the plane to keep yourself from spreading or picking up new germs.

andrea

Thanks for all of the tips..... got a perscription for some stuff called Bromfed PD....its a magic bullet.... have not coughed all day !!!..... taking my second dose now and off to bed...finally relief !

Glad to hear that you feel better,now go and enjoy your vacation

Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    ...wear a disposable face mask on the plane to keep yourself from spreading or picking up new germs.
    If I was flying next to you and you were wearing a doctor's mask, I'd be asking for a new plane.

Seeing a face mask would make me think you had the plague, not a cold and cough.
    Aruba History:
    Lou: Visited on a cruise in 2005
    Lou&Nay: Will visit on our honeymoon 9/2008

Smile

2 weeks ago when we were coming home, the lady sitting beside my wife had a mask on. You don't know what you are in for. Kent

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast