• 1 Post By Jacki
  • 1 Post By ~Amy~
  • 1 Post By Mitchyd
  • 4 Post By WaltVB
  • 2 Post By Craigday
  • 2 Post By SkiChris

Thread: Help, should I book Tranqulio??

Help, should I book Tranqulio??

I need opinions. We usually do Black Pearl during our Easter trip, but this year they are already booked. I reached out to Tranqulio about a private tour, they do have an opining. Price wise it's close to a wash, I am just worried...will we have fun? It will be me, DH, DS (11) and another family with an 11 yr old boy. We have been to AUA many times, it's their first. We want to show them a great time. We have never traveled with them, so not totally sure on what they look for in a vacation. We have done Jolly Pirate a few times, it was fun, but just so crowded. That's why we switched to Black Pearl. We are looking at a 3 hr tour, just some light snorkeling, sun and fun for the kids. Those who have been, do you think this will fit the bill?? Or should we just do Jolly Pirates? Thanks for any input. And mods, I was not sure if I should post here or "Activities", sorry if I picked wrong.

Aruba since 1979
    one can never go wrong with the Tranquilo!!
    it is wonderful and the owner/captain Anthony Hagerdoorn is terrific.

Aruba since 1979
    you could check the Octopus too!
    Jethro runs a great boat and snorkel tour too.

I've heard great reviews of Tranquilo - I'm sure you will have a blast! Let them know exactly what you are looking for and they will make sure you enjoy your time. And posting here is great
    Jacki ~ loving Aruba from NJ

We've been sailing with Capt. Anthony on the Tranquilo for years and still love it every time! Love both the actual sailing and snorkeling and you can't go wrong with the lunch he provides (home made Dutch pea soup, sandwiches, and watermelon) - for some reason it really hits the spot after an afternoon of snorkeling.

As mentioned above, the Octopus would be another good alternative. We've been on Jethro's snorkel tours a few times and loved them as well since he doesn't take a lot of people so it's never crowded.
    ~Amy~ - 35th trip to Aruba: New Years Eve 2017/2018 -- South Beach, FL: Feb. 2018 -- Zihuatanejo, MX: March 2018 -- Ireland: June/July 2018 -- 36th trip to Aruba: Sept. 2018

Thank you so much for your reassurance! I honestly don't know how it could be a "bad" time I'am just worried about everyone having fun, this will do the trick I am sure. And thanks for the Octopus info! That looks great as well, it so nice to have another option beside Black Pearl (over 2 months out and they were booked).

A three hour tour? Whadaya think Gilligan?

We did the trip with Jethro and he was awesome. It was very different having a small operator vs. the more commercial larger tours.

I agree with Andrea, Tranquilo or the Octopus. I like the Tranquilo because they go to Mango Halta instead of Arashi area. You can do that from the beach. The Tranquilo does a drift dive which is great.

I have booked private charters with Tranquilo several times and it is always a wonderful tour. Captain Anthony is a wonderful host and will customize the day to your needs. You'll truly feel like you are simply "hanging with a local" for the day aboard his boat. You will also get some great photographs aboard that beautiful red sailboat. You'll often see that sailboat in advertisements of Aruba as it is very distinctive so I always find it fun when I see the ship in photos and say "I was on that".