Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Helping Aruba Animal Rights

Aruba Animal Rights is having a fund raiser at the end of October. I thought it would be great if we could send a donation from their Aruba Bulletin Board friends. As a group, we could make a donation that would really have an impact toward helping them reach their goals. They do great work with their Spay/Neuter Programs, saving homeless, hurt, sick and hungry animals. They provide education in the schools and they would like to expand their shelter and find more loving adoptive homes for these wonderful animals. I have worked closely with them and they truly are a great organization. Chris from another Aruba Forum has volunteered to accept donations to her paypal account (Thank you Chris for your continued support - you are the best)and then I will personally deliver the check to Animal Rights Aruba in early October. To make a donation to Aruba Animal Rights, go to http://www.paypal.com and submit your donation to eastcoastbm@optonline.net Be sure to let Chris know your name and that you are making a donation to ARA. If you would rather send a check, just PM me and I will give you my home address.
    It has been my pleasure to work with the people at Animal Rights Aruba and the Contreras Veterinary Clinic in Aruba. I am blessed to know them all. Additionally, I would like to mention my friend Kathy in Aruba who is my "partner in rescue" She has been instrumental in helping with the Spay/Neuter Program, personally donated a brand new laptop computer to ARA, fostered Bambi, feeds many of the strays she comes in contact with, and has arranged many adoptions single handedly.
    I put together a little video (not my forte) to show you a few pictures of the animals we have helped. Check it out at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VzGeHml_LTw
    Thank you for your support.....Cheryl

Cheryl,
    what a nice video, i love dogs and would be happy to help, is there a way to mail a check ?

Aruba since 1979
    hey community members

i was approached by a member of this forum asking if it be OK to put in the reequest of the "fundraiser".

the answer was YES.

checks can be made out directly to Animal Rights and please contact cheryl thru private message to get more info.

the 1st dog in the you tube video is BAMBI....the dog that paul and i met over christmas break 2007 and made adoption arrangements to bring him back to waterville maine for my niece and her family.

if any of you have a few extra bucks and the willingness to donate, i can say with 100% certainty that this organization does GREAT work, is reputable and all of the monies go directly towards the animals..............no administrative bullpoo. ALL OF THE MONIES go to the animals.

If you cannot donate $ How about your time or talent?
    There are many ways we can be helping.

andrea

I'm Chris, who Cheryl refers to in her post. Cheryl and I have worked together in the past fund raising and I was extremely happy to be involved with her again in this fund raising project.

I am accepting donations thru my paypal account for her and this very worthy cause. You can be assured, that every penny that is donated thru paypal will go directly to this cause. My personal donation, regardless of the amount, will be the commission that paypal takes for processing this. So I will personally make sure, your full amount gets donated.

You can sign up at for paypal at www.paypal.com

My account is eastcoastbm@optonline.net

Thank you very much Andrea.

Chris

Thanks so much Andrea and Chris. You are both wonderful! Pay Pal is the easiest and quickest way to donate but if you would prefer to write and mail a check - just private message me and I will give you my home address. The check can be made out directly to Animal Rights Aruba. Thanks for your support of these very sweet and gentle animals who need us to care about them.

Aruba since 1979
    hey chris!
    nice to see you here at aruba.com
    come back often

andrea
    Quote Originally Posted by chrisnwillie View Post
    I'm Chris, who Cheryl refers to in her post. Cheryl and I have worked together in the past fund raising and I was extremely happy to be involved with her again in this fund raising project.

I am accepting donations thru my paypal account for her and this very worthy cause. You can be assured, that every penny that is donated thru paypal will go directly to this cause. My personal donation, regardless of the amount, will be the commission that paypal takes for processing this. So I will personally make sure, your full amount gets donated.

You can sign up at for paypal at www.paypal.com

My account is eastcoastbm@optonline.net

Thank you very much Andrea.

Chris

Thanks Andrea, nice to be here and be here for such a great reason as well. I'm glad I found you!

We have known Cheryl for a few years. She has worked with Martina of Animal Rights Aruba in an effort to help the stray animals in Aruba.

This is a really great cause. They spay/neuter many animals & have found loving homes for some. The more fortunate ones have been adopted to families in the U.S.

Every little bit helps!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tom & Karen
    Tom & Karen

Next Trip: Jan. 6 - April 7

Quote Originally Posted by Tom & Karen View Post
    We have known Cheryl for a few years. She has worked with Martina of Animal Rights Aruba in an effort to help the stray animals in Aruba.

This is a really great cause. They spay/neuter many animals & have found loving homes for some. The more fortunate ones have been adopted to families in the U.S.

Every little bit helps!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tom & Karen
    And, thank you Tom and Karen for your donation!

Here are my babies i took home to Baltimore June 2010

Week 24 I met Kiki who is the animal control officer/animal rescue person who drives the anmial ambualnce in Aruba. I was staying at La Cabana and ran into Kiki while she was on a cat rescue. Ended up hanging out with her for the rest of the week and she showed me the different animal hospitals in Aruba, went on a few rescues and met some cool people involved in Aruba animal rights. I do animal rescue in Baltimore, Maryland and when KiKi told me of the 2 pups left next to her trash can i said i would take them back to the US and adopt them out. Over the past 13 years i have been so good with not getting attatched to my rescues but these girls were different and now the are part of my family forver.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Helping Aruba Animal Rights-arabella-vega-8-2010.jpg   Helping Aruba Animal Rights-014.jpg  

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast