Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

hi..2nd day here

I am posting while i drink my coffee..very windy down here, surprizingly so, don't everemember it being like this. Ate at Bingo's last night, IMOP, wasn't great, won't need to go back. I can cross it off our list of places that we've been to. Service slow, getting a taxi back was a 25 minute wait, food ok, not great. So...I'm being honest. I know others out there love the place. Hit Champions for the sox game last nite, and the place which is usually packed wasnt. Kinda quiet here, no crowds around at our resort. They say next week will be crazy so I will post again for next week. I will mention that Sat the airport was supposedly closed due to the strike. We worried for my niece who was flying in that afternnon. We didn't see any planes until late morning so we worried about 3 hrs. Bully couldn't get to her ( not sure why) Anyway, to make a long story short, she came in on time but their were protestors there according to our cab driver. Hit Ling and sons for a large order, bad driver didn't want to take usback to the hote. This is a first for us to have a cab driver say no...go figure....after several words we didn't understand from the employee at lings he took us. It wasn't very nice, and when he took us, he said hurry up...Things aren't seeming the same here. Not everyone has been very nice. Of course, we are happy to be here and will overlook the small, but unpleasantness we have found.
    I will post when I can....So Happy to be here....cindy 0 and rob o.
    Please contact via e-mail at arubarennowner@gmail.com

Unhappy

I feel very sad. It sounds like the Arubans are extremely tense. I know from the Arubans we spoke with at Christmas time they were very concerned about their cost of living and being able to afford to survive day to day. Having to pay that additional 12% in taxes has really put a lot of folks on the ropes. Not to mention having this mess handed to them by their own government.

Hopefully things will get better. Try to enjoy.

Thumbs up

Wow sounds like it was just a bad day. Did you discuss your plans with the cab driver to include a extra stop after picking up your family memeber ? Maybe he got stiffed on his last party. Anyway have a wonderful trip.

I sure hope that things have settled down next week, we leave for the island next Wednesday.
    This is the first time I have heard that tourist are not being treated as usual on the island, friends of mine are there now and have said everything seems the same as usual.
    I hope this does not continue to impact your vacation! Keep us informed

Wow sounds like trouble in paradise,whats going on down there do they know if Americans dont get the service that we are used to no one will have a job.Hope all turns out ok just chalk it up as a bad experience it will get better......ENJOY......

Quote Originally Posted by DANNYO View Post
    if Americans dont get the service that they are used to no one will have a job...
    A little bit extreme don't you think?

Quote Originally Posted by qlaval View Post
    A little bit extreme don't you think?
    I'm sorry if the way I said that offended anyone,I meant if things don't change Americans will find a new place to vacation.I love Aruba and don't want to vacation anywhere else.Again SORRY...

No offence taken.
    But you're right if tourists are not well taken care of they can easily go somewhere else.

Quote Originally Posted by trush View Post
    You sound a bit "elitist" dontcha think ?
    I'm not the smartest guy in the world ELITIST never heard that word please explain.
    Thank You

Aruba since 1979
    that was INSULTING and not allowed on this board.
    andrea

Quote Originally Posted by trush View Post
    You sound a bit "elitist" dontcha think ?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast