Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hi

Hi

I look forward to giving updates.....but have a HUGE problem. I just woke up about a half hour ago and realized I left my wallet, with all our our money (less $150) and all the credit cards we are using either at Aqua Grll or in the cab! I woke up realizing this and am freaking out. I am such a fool. I kept saying to myself, put money in the safe. There is not a thing I can do until am but am hoping someone can give me adviseon what to do. I will go to front desk to see if they can help. I am sure if I left in the cab, I will never see it but am hoping a nice, honest person found it and will try to locate me. It has my Mass license in it, along with my two american espress cards, atm and visa....I AM SOOOOOOANGRY AT MYSELEF and htb is just mortified right now.

At least we purchased our wedding bands already so the ceremony must go on. After the gold fiasco, I am sure hoping I can find my wallet but I am sure the chances are slim. Does anyone have a suggestion on where I would start?

Thanks
    Next Aruba trip in

Notify the police, the cab company, the restuarant, and your banks, in case someone tries to use your cards. If you had Amex, you should be able to get an emergency replacement card by next day courier.

Don't let this spoil your big day...although you will be hearing about this momentary lapse in attention for YEARS to come!
    I may have to grow older, but I DON'T have to grow up!

[IMG]http://FIRST Aruba trip in Next Aruba trip in [/IMG]

I totally agree with the previous post! Get on that phone and get those cards canceled! I'm sorry that you left your wallet behind, but hopefully someone might have turned it in! We'll be there in 4 days and if by chance we come across it I know who to contact! Congrats on your big day!

Unfortunately, I do not know the cab company! We just told the hostess we needed three cabs. I am waiting for the sun to rise so I can call Bully. I am hoping he can get the word out to all that I lost my wallet. I will go to the front desk shortly and have them help me make calls to the local authorities and restaurant to see who they call for cabs. As soon as my brother in Law is up, I will borrow his phones to call the cc companies and my bank back home. A friend of htb has a place at La Cabana and I had his id in my wallet so I am going to take a stab in the dark ans leave a message there with his name. OH MAN, am I mad at myself. I am not even sure why I bothered to take a wallet last night. The only money I put in the safe was the singles and fives fro tipping. All the rest, yup, in the wallet. May the moderators should change the title of this post to "cukiecutr's bad luck streak continues in Arunba.....lost all money and identity" The money, fine, that is probably history but I am hoping that some NICE, HONEST person will turn the rest in and try to locate me. If someone turned it in, is there a way for them to determine what hotel I am in with my license? Oh man, did I mess up this time. This is the darn first time that I have not taken all the money and cc out of my wallet while on vaca and put in the safe. I am glad the family is all here........guess there buying now!

I have not posted anything about the trip yet but here is how it started so you can see how my luck is going......

New England Coach was to be at our home at 3:30 o'dark in the morning. When they did not arrive, I was on the phone calling the 24/7 line to get NO ANSWER! Tim got he car and we were off to Logan. Up the expressway we go......Tim drivign about 85 mph so we would no miss plane.....The exit to Logan was closed off the expressway! Through southie we go. The skycap was awesome! he took me with four check ins, a wedding dress, a latop bag and my big tote while Time went to park. He came back with little time to spear and whisked our luggage away. I called the coach company as we were boarding the plane. The dispatch told me that nobody answered because their dispatch was a no show. He did call me right back and said the driver was at my house and that it was dark so he left. HELLO, you dope, you had my cell phone! That was the start of our trip. Now this. That will recult is a not so nice letter or phone call when we get home. We have used them in the past and they have been great but now, not so much.

Good news, my family got here safe and sound. Tim and I went to Pizza Bob's late on Saturday (after taking a nap and waking up to darkenss). It was awesome, as usual.

Yesterday was fun! I was deteremined to find us orange Holland t-shirts so I took the bus to the flea market and found them. Tim and I went to the high rise to watch the soccer match. We went to the white tent area that they had setup near Hard Rock Cafe. It was so much fun. It is too bad that they lost but believe me, it did not stop the celebration! It was great to be here and see them in the world cup finals.

Our dinner at Aqua Grill was nice. I had the red snapper and it was delicious. Tim had the chilean sea bass and that was also very good.

Hopefully, I will have good news on my lost wallet for you later.
    Next Aruba trip in

Aruba since 1979
    contact those credit card companies NOW.
    have them fedex you new credit cards.
    contact your bank re: lost atm

even if the wallet is recovered with the cards intact, you need new ones.

could be a LOT worse, there could have been LOTS of cash in the wallet. (i am glad that you only had $150 in cash in there)

keep us posted

OMG....there is angel. Bully called me and was on the search. In the meantime, I walked up to the upper deck bar, which is closed but we had all been sitting there after dinner. Low and behold, my wallet was between the cushions. I am so incredibly thankful!!!!!! Money and credit cards are now in the same, except for a few dollars. We have reservations for Bully to pick us up tonight for dinner at El Gaucho with three vans. I love Bully!
    Next Aruba trip in

Aruba since 1979
    your guardian angel was looking over you!!!

put this crap behind you and enjoy the rest.

This is how Marriage is....

A few bumps in the road with bad situations........

BUT.....

All will work out and you will live "happily ever after".
    Eagle Beach Boy
    Ontario, Canada

Aruba since 1979
    good words gary!

Natural Pool, Druif Beach, Eagle Beach, California Lighthouse, Helicopter
    Wow, I'm teary eyed reading all of this for the first time. I can't imagine what a wreck you were until you found it! I'm SO glad there was a happy ending!!! Now take a deep breath and ENJOY!!! Best wishes for all to go perfectly for you from here on out. It's good you are getting all this bad stuff out of the way early!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast