Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hi Everbody!

BGP

Hi Everbody!

We are going to Aruba on Dec 15th for our honeymoon. First time to visit the island. Have been reading this site and all the advice and tips. Where do you all suggest for "off the beaten path" things to do and places to shop? Feel like I know you all after visiting this site for the past 4 months, this is my first time to speak out and say hi.

A warm welcome also from me. Enjoy all the pleasurable things that you will experience.

Reniassance Island & Surf Club Lazy River
    BGP..where are ya staying ? Welcome to the best forum for aruba...cindyo

BGP
    We will be staying at Bucuti. Have you ever been there? This is our first trip to Aruba, from reading this forum, I do not think it will be our last.

Bucuti is nice and private. You'll have to wave to all your friends at home on the arubaweb cam attached to the top of one of the buildings. It takes pics from like 9 to 9:15 3x.

BGP
    What all would you do for a week? What shops do you always hit, what are your favorite tours, outings etc? What is close to Bucuti?
    Thank you!!

BGP...go back and read all the past posts.. Lots of info already out there. Here's just a few of my ideas..
    ...If it were me going now and I was going on a honeymoon these are the things I would DEFINATELY do;
    1. sunset sail on one of the many boats. We love the depalm boat THE Palm pleasure..others out there like Tranquilo, Jolly pirate. Snorkle sail on one of the boats also
    2. Dine during a sunset, restaurants I would choose would be the new Old man and the sea, Flying Fishbone or Passions. Also, Madame Jeannettes is a must but not on the water.

3. Shop downtown, lots of nice jewelry stores. We in particular go to Kays and buy from Andy. Yes, you can "dicker" . Shopping is downtown, or at the new mall. Also, fun flea markets on sundays.
    4. Rent a car, jeep, some mode of transportation for a few days. You can't get lost, and there's lot to see on your own. Bucuti isn't really near anything IMOP. That means cab or bus, or renting.

I am sure others will weigh in here on places to see such as; baby beach, ATV tours, island tours, restuarants to visit, etc...Be more specific in your requests of info...I will let all boop in for their replies...
    Whatever you do , you will love the island, its our 12th trip. cindyo

BGP
    Thank you for the great ideas. What jewelry have you bought in Aruba? I am sure getting excited about our trip!

I replied to your other question at
    http://www.aruba.com/forum/f7/first-time-aruba-32309/index2.html#post121744

My Dad bought my Mom a beautiful pink diamond at Gold Palace for Christmas. They are on the main highway across from the bus station.

More jewelry info http://www.aruba.com/forum/tags/jewelry.html

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast