Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree14Likes

Thread: High Season VS. Low Season

High Season VS. Low Season

Hello all! I am planning our trip to Aruba for March 2018. I know this is towards the end of "High Season", but am wondering what the true difference is between March and lets say, June. Are flight prices really a lot higher? Also, are the beaches more crowded during high season? I'm also going to be taking advantage of the ACE program, and wondering if I will need to make reservations for excursions well ahead of time, or if I can do it on island without worrying about stuff filling up.

Thanks everyone!

The significant differences I've noticed over the years (and this is from a Canadian perspective) are:

Flight prices go up significantly during high season - particularly December... in some cases, double.
    Houses/villas rent for significantly more - can see it on most of the vacation rental sites how the prices change from season to season
    Restaurants can be tough to do "walk ins" during high season
    The beaches are packed
    Traffic is insane

But all those things are starting to creep into the traditional low season as well so I'm starting to think the lines between high and low season are starting to blur.

We're going in September this year (which we've never done before) so I'll be interested to see if it's all that different from our traditional months (November, January and February).

luckily we don't have to worry about accomodations, as those are already taken care of. This is my husbands first trip, and I haven't been in 15 years. I'm hoping it isn't so crowded that the beaches aren't enjoyable, and the snorkel excursions are overly packed.

Aruba since 1979
    March is BUSY and is even busier if Easter falls in March.
    June tends to be somewhat slow during the first 2 weeks.
    Many families then head to Aruba for Summer School break.

The ACE program is a travel professional program?

If there are excursions/activities that you have your heart set on........make the reservation as soon as you can.
    That way, there will be no disappointmentst.

Palm Beach is always pretty crowded. Eagle Beach, is less crowded.

The same applies to restaurants........some places always need reservations, some, often need reservations.
    Again, if there is a place that you really really want to go to, make the reservation.

Quote Originally Posted by hmitchell_travelplanner View Post
    Hello all! I am planning our trip to Aruba for March 2018. I know this is towards the end of "High Season", but am wondering what the true difference is between March and lets say, June. Are flight prices really a lot higher? Also, are the beaches more crowded during high season? I'm also going to be taking advantage of the ACE program, and wondering if I will need to make reservations for excursions well ahead of time, or if I can do it on island without worrying about stuff filling up.

Thanks everyone!

Aruba since 1979
    ....also
    your last trip was 15 yrs ago.
    you may not reognize the place!

Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    March is BUSY and is even busier if Easter falls in March.
    June tends to be somewhat slow during the first 2 weeks.
    Many families then head to Aruba for Summer School break.

The ACE program is a travel professional program?

If there are excursions/activities that you have your heart set on........make the reservation as soon as you can.
    That way, there will be no disappointmentst.

Palm Beach is always pretty crowded. Eagle Beach, is less crowded.

The same applies to restaurants........some places always need reservations, some, often need reservations.
    Again, if there is a place that you really really want to go to, make the reservation.
    Thanks for the response! Yes, ACE is a travel professional program. I'm worried I won't be able to take advantage of some of the benefits if everything is super busy. I know, I can't believe it's been 15 years. I was there for my 20th birthday, and will be going back for my 36th . We may consider moving our dates to the first part of June.

We typically go in March and October. For us, traveling from Upstate NY, airfare has been negligible between the two. We do notice that during peak holiday travel airfare can easily double, especially at Christmas time. Fortunately we are flexible and can travel mid week. Weekend airfare is usually significantly more. We tend to hang at Eagle Beach, much less crowded. As for reservations, we never make any, but we tend to eat away from the tourist areas and make decisions on a whim; I suppose that's a benefit of old age. If you're limited on time and have things that are on a must do, by all means make reservations. If you can, travel mid week.

OUR COUPLE'S RETREAT. THE PEARL CONDO HOTEL AT EAGLE BEACH. CONDO ACCOMMODATES TWO ADULTS. YOU MUST REQUEST UNIT #8. https://photos.app.goo.gl/lRquP1F4VtxyZhR42 RENTING DIRECTLY THROUGH http://www.thepearlaruba.com/.

We usually have travelled during Christmas or Easter break(I was a teacher) and the prices of flights always were higher during those weeks. Last year and this year we went earlier in Dec.-returning by Dec. 17 and the tickets were less expensive. We bought a condo and will now spend Jan.-March. When I booked my flight we waned to come back on a Friday and the tickets were several hundred dollars more on Friday than on Thursday, so we are coming back on Thursday. This is out of Philadelphia.

My first two visits to Aruba was during August(2010, 2012) the summer crowd was not that bad as it was starting to die down, my third trip was in January of 2014 and the crowd was moderate to say the least. My last two trips were in September(2014 and 2016) really did not see that much crowd wise as it was back to school time. Flight wise I found flying in during a day in the week to be a whole lot more manageable, by the time my flight arrived on Aruba it was a quick trip through Immigration. I'm talking under ten minutes, and the flight was not too cramped with passengers. Will be sitting out my September trip this year, deferring to next year. Hopefully by then there should be a more direct service between T&T and Aruba, instead of having to connect through Panama via Copa Airlines and pay an arm and a leg.

Arashi Beach, Hyatt, Radisson, Shopping, Flea Market, Downtown, Palm Beach, Everything
    we go end of nov and come back middle of december (usually for over 3 weeks). airfare at that time is very reasonable. we went once in beginning of october and that was very reasonable. can't answer for other months. but we go on a tuesday and come back on a thursday so that might make the difference in the pricing. i'm sure weekend travel flights are more

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast