Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 23
Like Tree14Likes

Thread: High Season VS. Low Season

  1. #11
    Aruba since 1979
    Moderator
    Andrea J.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    31,968
    the idea of low/slow season re: aruba has markedly changed over the years.
    i remember LOW season was from the day after easter thru the week before Christmas.
    now, it is not so easy to figure

    there is a time in early January that is noticeably slow consideing it is winter.
    Mid January thru March is very busy and depending where Carnaval parade week falls, very very busy!
    April is busy especically if Easter falls in April.
    May is somewhat slower thru early June.
    Mid June thru Labor Day is busy but not as busy as during the winter months.
    Labor Day thru 10 days before Christmas......... is pretty slow. (with the exception of thanksgiving week, the crowds pick up a little)
    Christmas thru New Years........BUSY.

    I use the terms slow or low, but in all actuality, Aruba has really no slow season.
    It is never dead. Aruba has a huge visitor/tourist base from N America (USA and CANADA), a significant tourist base from Europe including the British Isles and also a lot of visitors from S America and then there are day visitors from cruise ships.

    We travel to Aruba usually in May and November. We have spent time in Aruba during all 12 months although not all at the same time

    Quote Originally Posted by hmitchell_travelplanner View Post
    Hello all! I am planning our trip to Aruba for March 2018. I know this is towards the end of "High Season", but am wondering what the true difference is between March and lets say, June. Are flight prices really a lot higher? Also, are the beaches more crowded during high season? I'm also going to be taking advantage of the ACE program, and wondering if I will need to make reservations for excursions well ahead of time, or if I can do it on island without worrying about stuff filling up.

    Thanks everyone!

  2. #12
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Arashi Beach, Hyatt, Radisson, Shopping, Flea Market, Downtown, Palm Beach, Everything
    Posts
    2,221
    I agree there really isn't a "slow season". But for the airlines, I noticed it is lower prices. But we find when we are in Aruba Nov-midDec when it is suppose to be "low or slow" season, there are still alot of people there. But I'm happy if the rentals or hotels want to price according to that, great for us. You have to remember, its not only Americans who go to Aruba. People from all over the world go there and they have different "schedules" then us. Aruba is high on everyone's list especially repeat visitors.

  3. #13
    Senior Member NH Mark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Posts
    100
    Pretty much the same experience here as others have already stated. We visit the two off-season weeks prior to Thanksgiving and two peak-season weeks the end of February beginning of March. Interestingly we've found airfare (n/s Boston) to be less in November than in the peak season.

    Since our first visit in 2005 we've dined out (dinner) more than 100 times, but have only made reservations a handful of times (read: less than ten times) almost exclusively to Windows on Aruba and Suisse Chalet. We're not the type to over-think anything and tend to be fancy free when it comes to selecting where/when to dine. Makes no difference to us whether off- or peak-season.

    There is no doubt that the weather is different between the two seasons. The wind can be so brutal in the peak-season that we troll the pools rater than the beach. Off-season, it's primarily beach for us, with ample palapas to chose from.

    We've learned that there will be crowds in certain areas, venues, shopping areas, etc., no matter which season we visit BUT the crowds are different depending upon the season. For instance, we enjoy going "Downtown" during the off-season but tend to keep away during peak-season; we visit the Boca Prins Bar no matter which season; we keep away for Charlie's Bar no matter which season; and tend to much more exploring along the north coast and Arikok Park during the peak-season.

  4. #14
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Location
    Every single spot on island
    Posts
    88
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    the idea of low/slow season re: aruba has markedly changed over the years.
    i remember LOW season was from the day after easter thru the week before Christmas.
    now, it is not so easy to figure

    there is a time in early January that is noticeably slow consideing it is winter.
    Mid January thru March is very busy and depending where Carnaval parade week falls, very very busy!
    April is busy especically if Easter falls in April.
    May is somewhat slower thru early June.
    Mid June thru Labor Day is busy but not as busy as during the winter months.
    Labor Day thru 10 days before Christmas......... is pretty slow. (with the exception of thanksgiving week, the crowds pick up a little)
    Christmas thru New Years........BUSY.

    I use the terms slow or low, but in all actuality, Aruba has really no slow season.
    It is never dead. Aruba has a huge visitor/tourist base from N America (USA and CANADA), a significant tourist base from Europe including the British Isles and also a lot of visitors from S America and then there are day visitors from cruise ships.

    We travel to Aruba usually in May and November. We have spent time in Aruba during all 12 months although not all at the same time
    I'm mainly worried about airline prices, but just found a great deal on AA out of Intercontinental in Houston, so I may go ahead and book now. Luckily, the first half of our stay we will be using points to stay at the Holiday Inn, and the second half will be at the Hyatt, which I won a 3 night stay at, which means we won't have to worry about the higher resort prices. I am worried about being able to find an available palapa while on the beach at the resorts, though.

    I'm pretty set on traveling during my children's spring break in March, since I won't have to worry about my mother trying to get them to and from school and all their after school activities that week.

    I'm hoping this stay will cause my husband to fall in love with the island, making it our go to vacation destination. We definitely want a fun and lively nightlife, but don't want to feel like sardines when visiting different bars and restaurants.

  5. #15
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Arashi Beach, Hyatt, Radisson, Shopping, Flea Market, Downtown, Palm Beach, Everything
    Posts
    2,221
    when we say its crowded certain times, its not that type of crowded. You will never feel like you're in a flash mob, lol. the only time I felt like that was at the Marriott Stellaris Casino on a weekend nite. But you will never feel like a sardine.

  6. #16
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    616
    I guess the way it goes on Aruba in regards to High and Low Season would be like this, January to April: High visitors numbers due to Carnival, Easter and those visitors who really want to escape the winter, also throw in those families that travel down for Spring Break. May: low, folks are still travelling in to visit, most likely those taking advantage of the calm before the summer surge. June to August: High, families with kids tend to come down around this time as school is on summer vacation, the crowds might carry over till the very last week of August right into Labor Day Weekend. September to early November: low, families are back home for work and school, some visitors prefer to travel around this time due to the low crowds which means more availability for accommodations and flights. Mid-November to December: High, from thanksgiving to Christmas and right into New Years, folks looking for a break from the cold or in need of spending the holidays where its warm will be there in abundance.

    From what I've observed with regards to travel, Saturday and Sunday tends to be the most busy days for arrivals and departures as these are the days when the Time Shares do undergo their change over. Monday to Friday, yes there are flights arriving and departing but not as much as on the weekends, which means a faster trip through Immigration, Baggage Claim and Customs.

  7. #17
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Location
    Every single spot on island
    Posts
    88
    Quote Originally Posted by vallond View Post
    I guess the way it goes on Aruba in regards to High and Low Season would be like this, January to April: High visitors numbers due to Carnival, Easter and those visitors who really want to escape the winter, also throw in those families that travel down for Spring Break. May: low, folks are still travelling in to visit, most likely those taking advantage of the calm before the summer surge. June to August: High, families with kids tend to come down around this time as school is on summer vacation, the crowds might carry over till the very last week of August right into Labor Day Weekend. September to early November: low, families are back home for work and school, some visitors prefer to travel around this time due to the low crowds which means more availability for accommodations and flights. Mid-November to December: High, from thanksgiving to Christmas and right into New Years, folks looking for a break from the cold or in need of spending the holidays where its warm will be there in abundance.

    From what I've observed with regards to travel, Saturday and Sunday tends to be the most busy days for arrivals and departures as these are the days when the Time Shares do undergo their change over. Monday to Friday, yes there are flights arriving and departing but not as much as on the weekends, which means a faster trip through Immigration, Baggage Claim and Customs.
    Thank you for the breakdown! I think we will arrive on a Wed. and leave on Tues. to help with the airport crowds. I just love how everyone is so helpful! People think I'm crazy, but I always plan my vacations months and months in advance, especially to somewhere I haven't been in years.

  8. #18
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Posts
    93
    I've only been to Aruba in March/April during weeks 12 and 13. One year Easter fell right in the middle of our trip. I don't think it is particular crowded, but I've never been any other time. We eat out almost every night and can usually make reservations that day, or the day before. Some days we go just show up without reservations. It all depends on where you want to go. Also, we tend not to eat until 8/8:30 so that we can enjoy the sunset and then go up and shower.

    We stay at Divi Village and there is plenty of spaces available down at the beach when I go down in the afternoon. I've never tried to get a palapa but I would guess it's doable.

    During the day traffic in downtown is busy, but tolerable. Flights for us are generally lower than for friends that go in Jan and Feb, and especially reasonable if you fly mid-week.

    Enjoy your trip!

  9. #19
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Location
    Every single spot on island
    Posts
    88
    Quote Originally Posted by mvosilla View Post
    I've only been to Aruba in March/April during weeks 12 and 13. One year Easter fell right in the middle of our trip. I don't think it is particular crowded, but I've never been any other time. We eat out almost every night and can usually make reservations that day, or the day before. Some days we go just show up without reservations. It all depends on where you want to go. Also, we tend not to eat until 8/8:30 so that we can enjoy the sunset and then go up and shower.

    We stay at Divi Village and there is plenty of spaces available down at the beach when I go down in the afternoon. I've never tried to get a palapa but I would guess it's doable.

    During the day traffic in downtown is busy, but tolerable. Flights for us are generally lower than for friends that go in Jan and Feb, and especially reasonable if you fly mid-week.

    Enjoy your trip!
    Good to know, thank you

  10. #20
    Senior Member WaltVB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Legends Iguana Joe's, Surf Club
    Posts
    3,352
    Quote Originally Posted by hmitchell_travelplanner View Post
    I'm mainly worried about airline prices, but just found a great deal on AA out of Intercontinental in Houston, so I may go ahead and book now. Luckily, the first half of our stay we will be using points to stay at the Holiday Inn, and the second half will be at the Hyatt, which I won a 3 night stay at, which means we won't have to worry about the higher resort prices. I am worried about being able to find an available palapa while on the beach at the resorts, though.

    I'm pretty set on traveling during my children's spring break in March, since I won't have to worry about my mother trying to get them to and from school and all their after school activities that week.

    I'm hoping this stay will cause my husband to fall in love with the island, making it our go to vacation destination. We definitely want a fun and lively nightlife, but don't want to feel like sardines when visiting different bars and restaurants.
    Since you are using points at the Holiday Inn remember this. If you have the Holiday Inn credit card or you are a Platinum Elite, the palapas are pre-reserved for you your entire stay. You go to the Priority check in line and they will give you directions to the towel hut. There you will select the palapa you want and it will be yours. They will show you a map og the resort and I suggest getting one nearer to Moomba for a little more privacy.

    Bars with fun and lively nightlife, Moomba, Carlito's, Pelican Nest, Beach Bar at Playa Linda, Bugaloe. These are places that are on the beach, there are lots more on the road in front of the hotels and try to get to Legends, they have a good band on Fridays and are friends/members of the forum.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO