Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide

Cool Holiday Inn in Aruba Sold???

I heard that the Holiday Inn Sunspree Resort Aruba has been sold to a wealthy investor and the plan is to rip down the hotel and build another new high-end hotel on Palm Beach. Can anyone confirm this rumour?

There is another rumor posted on another forum and reposted on yet another that the Manchebo was sold and a high rise is going in it's place. No one on the island has yet confirmed that rumor either.

From what we are told, apparently the Holiday Inn would like to sell but as of yet no buyers. The Marriott is interested in having a Courtyard there but other hotel chains are also interested. I think the issue is price. We were told that the HOldiay Inn is as good as it is going to get (not much more can be done) without ripping the down the buildings. The "talk" is that once it is sold, whomever buys it will indeed raze it and start a fresh.
    happiness is going to Aruba with your adult kids because they still want to come with their parents

Quote Originally Posted by Arubalisa View Post
    There is another rumor posted on another forum and reposted on yet another that the Manchebo was sold and a high rise is going in it's place. No one on the island has yet confirmed that rumor either.
    On the same forum I mentioned previously, the Manchebo has just posted that indeed was just a rumor and nothing more. The Manchebo was not sold.

Probably the same case with the Holiday Inn.