Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By Mitchyd
  • 2 Post By Liz - Aruba Lover

Thread: Holy Saturday/Easter Mass schedule?

Holy Saturday/Easter Mass schedule?

Has anyone seen any Easter Mass schedules? This is always a stressing point for my MIL. We find one ever year, but she hates doing it on the fly. While she HAS to go she prefers a Saturday mass...you know...to get it over with, god I love her.

Aruba since 1979
    contact Playa Linda and Casa Del Mar for Easter Sunday Catholic Mass schedules.

if you have skype the calls are only pennies.

when you find out, could you please post?

the saturday evening mass before easter is the Easter Vigil service and it is loooong.
    you could contact St Anne's in Noord for more info.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mitchyd View Post
    Has anyone seen any Easter Mass schedules? This is always a stressing point for my MIL. We find one ever year, but she hates doing it on the fly. While she HAS to go she prefers a Saturday mass...you know...to get it over with, god I love her.

Senior Member Liz - Aruba Lover's Avatar
    Aruba Beach Club will have Easter Mass at 5 pm on Sunday. Playa Linda usually has Mass Saturdays at 4 pm. If planning to go to Playa Linda, I would call the resort to check if there will be Mass. One year we called Playa Linda and they confirmed Easter Mass on Sat. DH went and the priest didn't show up. Another year the Saturday before Easter the priest announced he couldn't make Saturday that Mass would be Sunday at 11 am. DH went and it wasn't at 11 but at 10 am. Last time we went to St Ana's church for English Mass at 11 am.

CK1
    Anywhere where I can see the turquoise-blue ocean
    Excerpt (more info at link:

If you are planning to attend church on Easter Sunday there will be a mass given in English at the St. Anna church in Noord at 11:00 am. After mass there are many fun activities available at the malls in Palm Beach and Oranjestad; for the kids mainly egg hunting, face painting, picture taking with favorite cartoon characters and just lots of fun.

http://www.visitaruba.com/things-to-...r-celebration/

Ok talked to Casa Del Mar and Costa Linda.

Casa Del Mar confirmed Aruba Beach Club would be having 5pm Sunday Mass, like Liz said.
    Playa Linda confirmed (as of today ) they would be having 4pm Saturday Mass. I will call ahead on this one.

I think St. Anna's will be our back up, we have dinner reservations at 6 on Easter so ABC wouldn't work. One more question, will St. Anna's have cabs available outside after Mass?

Senior Member Liz - Aruba Lover's Avatar
    If you are taking a taxi to St Anna's I would ask the driver to pick you up after Mass. If you want a seat inside the Church, get there early. When my family went to St. Anna's they had to stand outside.

Had to share the Mass adventure. MIL and FIL decided on the Playa Linda 4pm. We called and emailed to verify before we left for AUA. Friday on the way to our hotel Bully called again for us and verified it was a go. I'm sure you can see where this is going....so they get there sit with 75-100 of their closest friends, and wait, and wait and wait. 4:30 they announce the priest isn't coming. They then headed to St. Anna's for 6 pm mass (in Papiamento), they got tired of waiting, so they came back to the hotel. So now fingers crossed, they will make it to the 11 am english mass. Playa Linda did say they would have 12:30 mass today, but not willing to take a chance. Liz it's like groundhogs day from your experience! I am glad you shared it, because I was able to prepare my in laws for exactly what happened!

Happy Easter!