Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Honeymoon is a couple weeks...I've got some questions

My future wife and I will be honeymooning in Aruba in a couple of weeks. We're staying in the Tara Suites at the Bucuti Resort. I've got a couple of questions and was hoping to get some insight from some of the members here.

(1) A friend of mine who has been to Aruba before recommended waiting until arrival to rent a rent-a-car because there are generally some good coupons in the magazines on the plane. What do you guys think? Do you anticipate me having any trouble renting a car without an advance reservation? Am I likely to get a better deal this way? Do you recommend any specific rental car company?

(2) We're going to be on a somewhat limited budget, but don't want skimp on the experience either. We'd like to eat casual dinners most nights and have a nice dinner on the beach one night. The Pirate's Nest at Bucuti offers a dinner on the beach. Would you recommend going there or trying elsewhere? Any good recommendations for the casual dinners (restaurants close to Bucuti are good of course, but we'd like to explore some too)?

I would reserve a car. If you're a member of the major chains clubs you'll get a fair deal.

Dinner at the Bucuti on the beach would be nice.

Aruba's Novelist in Residence (sometimes)
    http://www.bentpage.wordpress.com/

I don't think you'll have trouble renting a car once you get there because there are so many rentals available. But I would recommend booking ahead. I would try Tropic Car Rental or Royal Car Rental.

The Bucuti's dinner on the beach is wonderful - Captain Kidd Shrimp is awesome!! For casual dining, we enjoy Pizza Bob's (walking distance from Bucuti) and Smokey Joe's in the high rise area.

Reniassance Island & Surf Club Lazy River
    Congrats...no problem with getting a car when there. Coupons at the airport aren't any great deals, and i haven't seen any on the plane in years.
    Dinner on the beach....passions is highly recommended by many on this board.
    Other moderate options for a limited budget would be...Casa Tua, Laguana buffet, Iguana Joes....keep reading the board and others will pop up

In all of our many trips we have never seen coupons for anything Aruba related on the airplane. With that said, in Aruba last month during low season, we had a tough time finding someone with a vehicle for a one day rental. Why chance it? Reserve something in advance.

Royal Car Rental http://www.arubaroyal.com/ has some great discounts right now. 20% on cars and 25% on SUV's. Because Royal and Hertz did not having anything available when we wanted something last minute last month we went with Amigo and they were terrific http://www.amigocar.com/.

If you are on a budget, try renting a car for only 3 days and using it for your "running around" and dining further away from the property. For example, if you are going to the Flying Fishbone which is $48 roundtrip ($24 each way from the Bucuti) a car rental for the day is less expensive.

If a car is costing you $30 a day and you are only going to need it to go to dinner at night because you will be on the beach all day, a roundtrip taxi ride of $16 ($8 each way) from the Bucuti to say Madame Janette, is still cheaper than having a car sitting in the parking lot all day.

We celebrated our wedding anniversary with dinner on the beach at Passions at the Amsterdam Manor and really enjoyed it. Prices were reasonable as well.

thank you very much for your responses. i think i'll try to rent in advance.

anyone have any idea how much it would cost to go from marriott stellaris to flying fishbone and maddame janette? trying to figure out if a car rental is worth it - that's the only time we'll need the car.

For dinner on the Beach I also recommend Passions at the Amsterdam Manor. (Let them know it is a special occasion and tell Diana I Recommended you. )

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    It will cost about $35 now for a taxi to Flying Fishbone, each way.
    Rent a car and tour the island in the day time and use it in the evening for dinner.
    Eagle Beach Boy
    Ontario, Canada

Quote Originally Posted by arubaness View Post
    anyone have any idea how much it would cost to go from marriott stellaris to flying fishbone and maddame janette? trying to figure out if a car rental is worth it - that's the only time we'll need the car.
    http://taxiaruba.com/new/farelist.html

so it seems like renting a car is MUCH cheaper than taking cabs....anyone know where to go to get directions to different locations in aruba?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast