Hey Everyone, My Fiance and I are flying down for a week at the end of May. We have reservations at the Tam. and can`t wait. I have read through everyone`s postings, seems like there is nothing but great things lying ahead. I have a few questions though, hopefully someone can answer then.
1) I have been reading about tips, and I agree that all staff should be tiped at least a minimal amount. The bartenders have jars, but how would one tip the maid. I am hoping that i`ll be out of the room when they come around, so do i just leave the money somewhere?
2) With the AI package, and the wonderful ability to eat at either the Tam or Divi, I am looking forward to enjoying a different restaurant each night. Are reservations hard to make? I`m hoping to just go with the flow of things, but don`t want to miss an oppurtunity to eat somewhere...
3) We would love to tour the island one day. Should we take a planned tour, or rent a jeep for the day and just drive around?
4) I have heard through several people, to avoid the main commercial shopping district and visit the local shopping areas. Is this true? I really want to experience the full Aruba Culture
5) What items should I carry around with me all the time? Will money and my Driver`s Lic be enough??
Thanks in advance for everyones help, looking forward to my first real vacation!!!