Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Andrea J.

Thread: hospital in Aruba

hospital in Aruba

I know everyone travel we always think if I get sick what will happen in Aruba .Well my sister inlaw got very sick on vacation was godbladder (stone) was surgery emergency was admit to they hospital and get take care give her surgery stay 3 nights and went out with antibiotic
    with they antibiotic ( cist on intestin and 3 ulcer bust)start to get trowing blood and bad blood stool liquid blood .She was waiting at they emergency went that happen I can tell you everything went to call the doctor emergency was on good friday doctor was out .IN NO TIME EVERYONE WAS THERE to take care of her give her 3 pint of blood and very strong antibotic she stay in hospital for 6 days .
    Went she go out they hospital she can't go home until 5 more days to flight .THEY DOCTOR SAVE HER LIVE very good care good doctor .The nurse they not like usa or canada you need to understand that All the Doctor was on the top off it .Save her live She doen't speak english and my brother little bit .The Doctor was taking is time to explain everything .Now they back home very happy and she getting better and strong her .She will get check back she have all the report Thank God for Travel Insurance so far cost $50,000.00 Thank You for all the Doctor In Aruba to save her live .
    I hope you understand me Ginette

Aruba since 1979
    ginette i am forwarding this on to the tourism authority (the owner/operator of this forum).
    i am glad your SIL is recovering and am especially glad that the medical care that she had in aruba was good!!

everyone should buy travel insurance for trips out of range of their own health care insurance.

a good place to do some comparison shopping is www.insuremytrip.com

again, glad to hear that she is on the mend.

she needs an aruba "do over"

thanks for sharing the story and your English is totally understandable.

Quote Originally Posted by ginette View Post
    I know everyone travel we always think if I get sick what will happen in Aruba .Well my sister inlaw got very sick on vacation was godbladder (stone) was surgery emergency was admit to they hospital and get take care give her surgery stay 3 nights and went out with antibiotic
    with they antibiotic ( cist on intestin and 3 ulcer bust)start to get trowing blood and bad blood stool liquid blood .She was waiting at they emergency went that happen I can tell you everything went to call the doctor emergency was on good friday doctor was out .IN NO TIME EVERYONE WAS THERE to take care of her give her 3 pint of blood and very strong antibotic she stay in hospital for 6 days .
    Went she go out they hospital she can't go home until 5 more days to flight .THEY DOCTOR SAVE HER LIVE very good care good doctor .The nurse they not like usa or canada you need to understand that All the Doctor was on the top off it .Save her live She doen't speak english and my brother little bit .The Doctor was taking is time to explain everything .Now they back home very happy and she getting better and strong her .She will get check back she have all the report Thank God for Travel Insurance so far cost $50,000.00 Thank You for all the Doctor In Aruba to save her live .
    I hope you understand me Ginette

Glad to know she is doing well......I have been in the hospital myself as well as my husband, girlfriend, male friend and his son....all with excellent results and with very little expense.....
    ARUBA....HOME AWAY FROM HOME

Thanks for sharing. I always get insurance for cruises but have never gotten insurance when staying at a resort. Last year I traveled to Aruba with my 87 year old mom. On our way way back walking from Busters to La Cabana she tripped in the parking lot on the cement stopers where the cars park. Not sure what to call it. Lucky for us that she only bruised her hands and kness and dod not fall on her face or bump her head.

I'm leaving in 6 weeks and I have to contact her insurance provider and perhaps get some additional insurance which covers medical evacuations.

My husband had to go in the hospital in Aruba. They took great care of him. We did NOT have travelers insurance so everything was out of our pocket. Our insurance in the US would not pay. We would not ever travel without it now.