Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree37Likes

Thread: hot tub/spa and swimming pool cleanliness

Aruba since 1979
    i guess that i am a jack of all trades and a master of none.

i just want folks to know the importance of hot tub (and pool) cleanliness .......so many of us use pools and hot tubs in aruba, and i feel it is important for folks to know how to do a quick check.

Quote Originally Posted by WaltVB View Post
    Boy Andrea you are a wealth of information on this subject. After reading all of this I feel a little smarter this morning.
    Last edited by Andrea J.; 10-28-2017 at 08:48 AM.

I was talking to Jon about this and he gave me his best look of "really??" and then reminded me that we swim in the Potomac river regularly and grew up playing in a creek that was basically a storm drain. I did laugh, but also thank you for the knowledge and will certainly skip some sketchy hot tubs in my future.

I am with you Andrea....we had a hot tub at our previous house and ONLY my wife and myself were "allowed" in the tub. Foam is bad....clean water does not foam, as others have said its all the "stuff" that is in the water....and its nasty! I hate other peoples germs and would NEVER use a public hot tub.
    Last edited by Aruba4ever; 10-29-2017 at 05:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by WaltVB View Post
    Boy Andrea you are a wealth of information on this subject. After reading all of this I feel a little smarter this morning.
    She certainly know quite a bit. I appreciate it.

Quote Originally Posted by Traceyd14 View Post
    I was talking to Jon about this and he gave me his best look of "really??" and then reminded me that we swim in the Potomac river regularly and grew up playing in a creek that was basically a storm drain. I did laugh, but also thank you for the knowledge and will certainly skip some sketchy hot tubs in my future.
    I just happened to think Tracey. We grew up on Lake Erie and swam with the seaweed, dead fish and all growing up. We survived.

I was never a pool person to begin with. I never use hot tubs, spas, or even pools. My parents and brother used to have pools, and I rarely used them.

Thank you Andrea
    Will be bringing my little kit to Tenn.. (but don't think I will be using any hot tubs) and for our Panama cruise. Family said wonderful tip

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12