Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
Like Tree5Likes
  • 1 Post By gaby
  • 2 Post By lucky
  • 2 Post By act1966

Thread: House Rental - Baby Beach Area - Would you do it?

House Rental - Baby Beach Area - Would you do it?

Our new thing is to rent full homes in Aruba. I have been looking at one in the baby beach area, about 5 mins from the beach. Would any of you consider staying there? We are full blown beach people. I like the div/tam area, but its getting very rocky and ocean is a tab bit rough getting in and out. Palm beach is awesome, but way to crowed, my wife will not stay at that end of the island, I dont picky picky..

I know baby beach is about 30 mins south of the airport and about 45 mins away from the high rise shopping. Other than that, would you rent a home that was 5 mins from baby beach. Have you tried Rodgers beach, did you like it?

Thanks,

Mike

Arashi Beach, Hyatt, Radisson, Shopping, Flea Market, Downtown, Palm Beach, Everything
    We rent in the Malmok area which is great, love Arashi Beach, close to everything. There are some beautiful homes there. Down by Baby Beach is a bit out of the way for me to consider, too much traveling time to different places.

Baby Beach is better than ever now. If you simply want to sit in the sand, Boca Grande, facing the rough waters of the east side, is a nice stop just around the corner from Baby Beach.
    Please contact via e-mail at arubarennowner@gmail.com

north end by lighthouse,5 minutes from palm beach,but much less traffic,mostly locals.beautiful homes.great local beach & snorkeling

Quote Originally Posted by ArubaMike View Post
    Our new thing is to rent full homes in Aruba. I have been looking at one in the baby beach area, about 5 mins from the beach. Would any of you consider staying there? We are full blown beach people. I like the div/tam area, but its getting very rocky and ocean is a tab bit rough getting in and out. Palm beach is awesome, but way to crowed, my wife will not stay at that end of the island, I dont picky picky..

I know baby beach is about 30 mins south of the airport and about 45 mins away from the high rise shopping. Other than that, would you rent a home that was 5 mins from baby beach. Have you tried Rodgers beach, did you like it?

Thanks,

Mike
    Five minutes walk or drive?

There are a lot of things we used to look at when deciding on a villa because you're giving up the convenience of resort services...

Other factors we'd want besides proximity to the beach: close to a good grocery store? Price? Is there a private pool with the home? Is the neighbourhood safe? Is the property managed 24/7 in case something goes wrong? Air conditioned? Washer/dryer? How's the kitchen? Bathrooms?

If it's expensive, I'd look in Malmok over Baby Beach.

CK1
    Anywhere where I can see the turquoise-blue ocean
    Rodger's Beach: If you swim out a bit too far, the currents can be very strong. Just be aware of it.

Palm Beach, Arashi Beach and Manchebo Beach
    I would rent in the Baby Beach beach area but the home would have to be exceptional. The Palm/Eagle Beach has so much to offer after dark that in order for me to be that far away the home would need to be so fantastic that I would never want to leave. We rent in the Palm Beach but don't necessarily camp out on Palm Beach during the day. Where we rent is only a 5-10 minute walk but after you figure in our chairs and a cooler... easier to drive. Since we are driving anyway we visit whichever beach fits our mood... including Baby Beach. But being able to walk home from bars/restaurants in the evenings is a complete game changer.

Visit onehappypodcast.com
    the officially unofficial podcast of the island of Aruba. Tips, tricks and stories about the best place on earth! If you don't listen you are missing out.

Great points everyone! Lots to think about. It would be hard to get out at night. 45 mins each way to the high rise area, that could kill us time wise and I know the kids will want to do that.

Thanks everyone!