Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: How busy are Palm/Eagle Beach

How busy are Palm/Eagle Beach

Are these beaches always crowded year-round?

Aruba since 1979
    busy is a good word for both palm and eagle beaches.
    both beaches are busy year round

crowded is a good word for most portions of palm beach.....during high season.
    less crowded during lower season, but not even close to being "dead" or "quiet"

uncrowded is a good word for eagle beach during both high and low season.

palm is more crowded due to the fact that it is a narrower stretch of beach that also has to accommodate large resort properties

eagle is less crowded due tothe fact that the beach is MUCH wider and some of the resorts are not beachfront, but are across the street from the beach.

clear as mud, right?

bottom line....eagle beach is more expansive and more space to spread out!
    Quote Originally Posted by ArubaBusiness View Post
    Are these beaches always crowded year-round?

Check out this thread. Divi Beach
    When we were there in November we stayed at the Divi (low rise) and Radisson (Palm Beach). It was low season but photos if the beach may give you a feel for the difference in the crowds.

Eagle Beach, Baby Beach, Arashi Beach Tierra Del Sol golf course
    We have always found Eagle Beach and Druif (sp) beach to be fairly empty when we go. Usually in May or September but a few times in other months. The most crowded beach was Palm when we stayed at the Marriott Surf Club. That was in November. Just a lot of people there for some reason. It is a big resort with more big resorts next to it so I guess that is why. When we stay on Eagle we never have a problem getting a palapa and we don't get up early. It may not be in the front row but we don't care. It is a short walk to the water.

Divi links, pool, beach, lighthouse, Arikok National Park, etc.
    Druif beach (by the Divis and Tamarijn) are not anywhere as busy as Palm or Eagle beach. We always go during high season around Spring Break and have never had a problem with crowding. 12 days and counting!!

Eagle Beach first week of February. In the vicinity of Paradise Beach Villas.

How busy are Palm/Eagle Beach-dsc02551.jpgHow busy are Palm/Eagle Beach-dsc02552.jpgHow busy are Palm/Eagle Beach-dsc02554.jpg

Thank you very much for the replies! They've been helpful!

Stayed at all different times of the year on the island... Normally stay on Palm Beach. Was there over Christmas this past year and we rented a house. We did a boat trip that took off from the Hyatt. I have never seen Palm Beach with that many people on it. They were packed in like sardines

I recently found this picture of a Florida beach. Now this is crowded.How busy are Palm/Eagle Beach-fl.beach.jpg

None of the beaches in Aruba are ever like this. Busy is a very good word.

No matter when we have been to Aruba, I've never considered the beaches crowded. I once actually thought Eagle Beach was too quiet. My son was on a jet ski while I waited and there was not a sole around to talk to.

Amsterdam Manor, anywhere with a hot sun and a cold drink.
    Quote Originally Posted by AUA1989 View Post
    I recently found this picture of a Florida beach. Now this is crowded.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	fl.beach.jpg 
Views:	626 
Size:	7.7 KB 
ID:	3581

None of the beaches in Aruba are ever like this. Busy is a very good word.

No matter when we have been to Aruba, I've never considered the beaches crowded. I once actually thought Eagle Beach was too quiet. My son was on a jet ski while I waited and there was not a sole around to talk to.

What's funny about this post is that your picture reminds me of how much I dislike beaches that aren't in Aruba. I grew up on the Jersey shore, about two blocks from the beach. When I was a kid, I couldn't have cared less about the crowds. Now? I like my beaches quiet enough to read or sleep. Aruba has ruined beaches for me, and I love it. Because that just means if I'm pining for a beach vacation, there's only ONE place to go!

Now, a funny anecdote. When we went on our honeymoon, we stayed at the Amsterdam Manor which is right on Eagle Beach. We would always see the same people on our area of Eagle, including one woman who preferred to swim and sunbathe topless. Because I'm an immature adult, I took to calling this woman "boob lady" (please don't ban me on my first day, LOL). So we're at the beach one day, and I guess a cruise ship had just come in because a family of about 15 or 16 people (no joke) decided they were going to descend on Eagle like a plague of locusts in the early afternoon and interrupt my sun-nap (actually, I think I may have been reading). They were a party level of loud, and were disrupting EVERYONE. Kids running around, tossing wet sand at each other, all that jazz. My wife and I had just about had it when one of us got up to go to the bar (hint: wasn't her), and sure enough, here comes my savior across the street. She plopped down with the people she was with, the top came off, and that family was gone faster than you can say Balashi.

So "Boob Lady," if you're on here, I thank you.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast