Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by SailAway View Post
    Went to see the Marriott today since that is where we used to stay. I am so disappointed in their renovations! The lobby has lost all its character with the removal of the koi pond and bridge/walkway. It's kind of dull looking in mho, however, it's suppose to be "upscale chic" ...looks like a NYC hotel lobby.

SailAway
    SailAway, you are not the first person who I have read has this same opinion as yours. Total lack of character and misplaced decor in the middle of the Caribbean.

Question

Maybe everyone went to Curacao???

"Occupancy hotels almost 90 percent
    9 Sep, 2008, 08:58 (GMT -04:00)
    http://www.amigoe.com/artman/publish/artikel_46494.php

WILLEMSTAD -- The ecotax (from the Netherlands) and the high fuel surcharge didn’t have influence on the number of visiting tourists till August of this year. According to figures from Chata, the average room occupancy in August was 89.1 percent, almost the same as same period last year.

The room occupancy in the first 8 months of 2008 is 86.3 percent. That is 3 percent more than the average occupancy in the entire 2007. The occupancy per month was not below the 80 percent and that is unique. 90 Percent occupancy is considered full in the hotel world.

Hotel Association Chata bases her statistics on guests’ information from Avila, Breezes, Chogogo, Floris Suite, Holiday Beach, Lions Dive, Howard Johnson, Hotel Otrobanda, Marriott, Hilton, and Trupial Inn.

We have been going in November the past4-5 years and have progressively seen the beach (across froM Divi) become more crowed. Partly because of the increase in Divi's complex, partly due to people on cruise ships using the beach....but either way I would be glad to go down this year and not have to fight for space >>>>IN THE WATER !!! We actually had to be careful not to drift to far last year because ther were so many people in the water...
    I do understand money issues also, and I am sure the resorts are feeling the pinch as well....hopefully this gas /ecomony issue will be cleared up when our new president takes over...<joke> !!!!
    ARUBA....HOME AWAY FROM HOME

Hi

We're in Aruba for 2 weeks, arriving last Sat. Own timeshare at Casa del Mar.

The week after Labor Day is usually quiet, but this year there are many less people. Beaches are wide open, huts available almost all day.

Will post next week with an update.

We were there the first week in August and it was pretty crowded. We were told by the hotel staff that the beginning of July was slow, but it started to pick up by the middle. I guess it depends on when you visit. I like it quiet, but not too quiet.

I've been to Aruba twice in the past 3 months. The flights I took were full! Not one empty seat and I was traveling mid week. It really depends on the time of year whether the Island is "crowded" or not. According to statistics, there was over a 10% rise in overnight visitors in 2007 - stats not in for 2008 yet. But the Island gets over 700,000 overnight guests per year. My concern is that it will get overcrowded - which does happen on the beach occasionly during high season. The Island is limited in size and there will come a point where the infrastruture will not be able to handle any more large projects. But for now, I don't see a decrease in tourism. The stats at the end of the year will give us a clearer picture.

Aruba since 1979
    I am not a property owner in Aruba (other than timeshare) so i really have no say in anything related to the building or the infrastructure...........but i always wonder how the infrastructure can even handle the projects that are already in the works.

(and the way the stock market is behaving i will never be a property owner in aruba )

andrea

Quote Originally Posted by Cheryl View Post
    I've been to Aruba twice in the past 3 months. The flights I took were full! Not one empty seat and I was traveling mid week. It really depends on the time of year whether the Island is "crowded" or not. According to statistics, there was over a 10% rise in overnight visitors in 2007 - stats not in for 2008 yet. But the Island gets over 700,000 overnight guests per year. My concern is that it will get overcrowded - which does happen on the beach occasionly during high season. The Island is limited in size and there will come a point where the infrastruture will not be able to handle any more large projects. But for now, I don't see a decrease in tourism. The stats at the end of the year will give us a clearer picture.

I was there in the first week of Sept and the island was pretty dead. Flights were full, but we did not have to make reservations anywhere, nor did we ever not have a spot on the beach at Manchebo Resort.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12