Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree82Likes

Thread: How did you pick your Aruba.com name??

Quote Originally Posted by arubabob View Post
    Because my insurance office was called Bobs' insurance agency Inc and because I had been to Aruba a few times and tried to get some of my fellow agents to go, they started calling me arubabob. I started using it for all my screen names.
    You "tag name" always puzzled me, Kent. Mystery solved!
    rob o has left the forum, contact via e-mail at arubarennowner@gmall.com

Aruba since 1979
    Arubabob on this forum is not Kent.
    Kent is Kent here and his company is Arubabob.

Confusing huh?

I have encouraged Kent to change his forum
    name to ArubabobSnokeling.

Normally i I do not encourage a name change as it makes the webmaster give a loud sigh I am sure
    Happy Holidays to you and yours!

EAGLE & PALM BEACH ORANJESTAD PADDOCK - MADAME JEANETTE SOLE MARE KUKKO KUNUKOO
    When making plans to come down there was always friends or family that would join us, minimal 4 , max was 32(That was alot of fun). Hence we travelled as a TEAM !!! This year it will be 4 couples, counting the days !!!!

Well the name aquaman was appropriately bestowed on me years ago on a trip to Maui, Hawaii. Our flight arrived very very late at night due to weather delays in North America. We arrived so late that the rental car company was closed. They had arranged with a lot boy for me to pick up a car. It was a clunker to put it mildly. The next day I phoned them and they gave me a brand new car. That evening we went out for dinner in the convertible with the top down. We drove back in mid-70 temps to the condo. The night was clear and warm. At the condo I decided that there was no point in putting up the roof as I was going out really early and the car was in a safe secure parking area. Off to bed we went. Around 5:30am I was awoken by crashing and banging above our unit. Since we were on the top floor in a penthouse unit, I found this strange. I opened the blinds and there pouring down was one of the heaviest tropical rainstorms I have ever seen. I looked down and there in the parking lot was the Chrysler Sebring convertible. I rushed down and started it to put up the roof. The roof in its down position acted as a giant bucket. I was totally showered as the roof went up. In addition water was flowing out the doors as the floor was flooded. It took hours to clean up the mess. Nothing worked the same on that car after its drenching. The condo president started jokingly calling me aquaman.

However

The true test came later in the week on that same trip. It was our last day. The trade winds were blowing so instead of the beach we went down to the pool. After about 2+ hours I went up to the condo. As I walked in water squished up between my toes. I looked into the bedroom. It was flooded. Same with the bathroom, kitchen and living area. I ran out to get the maintenance people and encountered them on the way to our unit. It turned out that the trade winds were so strong they caused a freak accident. They blew the bathroom blinds off and across the sink accidentally turning on the bayonet style Fawcett. In addition the blinds knocked my wife's cosmetics into the sink, blocking the drain. So for 2 hours or so the tap ran full blast overflowing the sink, flooding the unit and taking out the ceilings for 2 floors below us. Thank God for insurance

Now you know why I am nicknamed aquaman.

I've had cute screen names and message board names for years. I am a Partylite consultant so always had a candle reference in my name. For this site I decided to just be me
    Jacki ~ loving Aruba from NJ

Eagle Beach, Baby Beach, Arashi Beach Tierra Del Sol golf course
    Quote Originally Posted by rob o View Post
    You "tag name" always puzzled me, Kent. Mystery solved!
    OK, time to clear this up guys. Kents screen name is Kent. Kent owns Arubabob snorkeling. He is not arubabob on this forum, I am. I believe Kent is from Iowa and has a landscaping business, I am from Oklahoma and am a retired insurance agent,I think he stole my name for his snorkeling business though. LOL. So remember Kent owns arubabob snorkeling and arubabob is me. I have gotten several PMs from the board inquiring about arubabob snorkeling and have told them to contact Kent. Lets hear from Kent on this as well.

Quote Originally Posted by arubabob View Post
    OK, time to clear this up guys. Kents screen name is Kent. Kent owns Arubabob snorkeling. He is not arubabob on this forum, I am. I believe Kent is from Iowa and has a landscaping business, I am from Oklahoma and am a retired insurance agent,I think he stole my name for his snorkeling business though. LOL. So remember Kent owns arubabob snorkeling and arubabob is me. I have gotten several PMs from the board inquiring about arubabob snorkeling and have told them to contact Kent. Lets hear from Kent on this as well.
    I should have known this, me bad!

At times I thought that Kent had two screens, one for the snorkeling. Duh......
    rob o has left the forum, contact via e-mail at arubarennowner@gmall.com

Palm Beach, Arashi Beach and Manchebo Beach
    Nothing really imaginative with mine. It was supposed to be Aruba Curt but at the time I hadn't fully decided if Aruba was "my place" so I went with the burghboy screen name which I have used off and on in various places. I just chose it because I am originally from Pittsburgh.

Visit onehappypodcast.com
    the officially unofficial podcast of the island of Aruba. Tips, tricks and stories about the best place on earth! If you don't listen you are missing out.

Divi links, pool, beach, lighthouse, Arikok National Park, etc.
    First 3 letters of my last name (married name) plus home state abbreviation. Also translates to "Looney one" which I've known to be :-)

ricky59, first name and year of birth. 59 oh no, getting old!!!

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast