Aruba Nights Island Guide
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree21Likes

Thread: How do you pack your suitcase

Aruba since 1979
    he has no $
    because he bought the ring

Quote Originally Posted by WaltVB View Post
    Jay, you're taking more clothes than my wife did for three weeks! Remember the number one rule "take half the clothes you think you need and twice the money"!

I sweat like a pig on those long walks so I need 2 sets for those days. I hate wearing dirty clothes so I tried to pack anything I would need, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by WaltVB View Post
    Jay, you're taking more clothes than my wife did for three weeks! Remember the number one rule "take half the clothes you think you need and twice the money"!

The ring certainly has put a pinch on my travel cash, lol. I am packing twice the clothes I need because I am bringing half the cash I typically do when I travel. The good thing is my first 3 days of food are basically paid for at the Ritz. I have breakfast at Solanio included in my room rate and I also have a $100 bucks daily to spend on food/drinks.

Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    he has no $
    because he bought the ring

I do a mix of bundle wrapping and stacking. When you bundle wrap you are committing to unpacking on day one, otherwise you can't find what you want. I find depending on the clothes and material, that helps me decide which method. Space bags that you suck the air out of work great for men's board shorts. I have never quite gotten the hang of rolling to make it work. I usually pack, unpack and repack at least once.
    Not sure when, but we will be back

There's no method I use. Since I don't bring dressy clothes which I may otherwise just rent in Aruba, it doesn't concern me if stuff becomes wrinkled. I just try to fill every vacant space with something. For instance, in a fin could be a shoe filled up with socks. The largest item I brought last time was my wetsuit, which I did roll up and squeeze into a skinny nylon bag.

Quote Originally Posted by __steve__ View Post
    There's no method I use. Since I don't bring dressy clothes which I may otherwise just rent in Aruba, it doesn't concern me if stuff becomes wrinkled. I just try to fill every vacant space with something. For instance, in a fin could be a shoe filled up with socks. The largest item I brought last time was my wetsuit, which I did roll up and squeeze into a skinny nylon bag.
    We bought a rolling duffle for our snorkel gear, works great to stuff in flip flops and packaged snacks.
    Not sure when, but we will be back

I roll and take less clothes every year !

Definitely roll.
    TRIP 15 OCTOBER 2018

OUR COUPLE'S RETREAT. THE PEARL CONDO HOTEL AT EAGLE BEACH. CONDO ACCOMMODATES TWO ADULTS. YOU MUST REQUEST UNIT #8. https://photos.app.goo.gl/lRquP1F4VtxyZhR42 RENTING DIRECTLY THROUGH http://www.thepearlaruba.com/.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12