Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Thanks for everyone's insight, it is much appreciated. Cyrilo it is really obvious you have a great passion for Aruba, can't wait to get there!
    Leanne

Next Aruba trip in

Arid and windy.........as Rob O says....hate rain, love heat !! Have never been afraid to walk anywhere on the island by myself. It is what you make it, so common sense must be with you always....but have never been bothered, actually everyone is pretty friendly.
    As for nothing to do............what island were those people actually on ??? I could type until my fingers bleed addressing the great things to so.........and once again as Rob O states...."whats wrong with relaxing with friends and family and doing nothing ???
    ARUBA....HOME AWAY FROM HOME

ive been to aruba 7 times started going in 1990. the only thing differnet is there are no mountains like the ohter islands st thomas jamaica.
    but aruba is my favorite still. bonbini

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by dina View Post
    ive been to aruba 7 times started going in 1990. the only thing differnet is there are no mountains like the ohter islands st thomas jamaica.
    but aruba is my favorite still. bonbini
    I have been to the Canary's with some English friends and it does not compare to Aruba.We have been going to Aruba for about 14 years and never tire of it. It's a great place to go.Frendliest people we have ever met plus great resturaunts. You will have a great vacation.

21st July

Hi Leanne we too are flying on 21st July from Manchester, where are you staying, we are staying at the Riu Aruba Palace, can't wait counting down now, we have been to several Caribbean Islands and each one is different, but I hope this one is the best one yet

I've been to 4 islands (besides Rhode Island, Long Island, and Staten Island)

Bermuda - It's ok. I found it to actually be kind of boring. Can't really get around the island all that well unless you rely on the buses or rent a scooter. Renting a scooter you put your life in your hands with the european style of driving. Expensive, somewhat formal. LIke I said, just ok. Never felt the need to go back.

Bahama's - Stayed in Freeport. Boring. Went for rest and relaxation and it didn't disappoint. I was so relaxed I was comatose. No night life near our resort, and never felt safe enough to venture far from the resort. Found things very expensive, and didn't like the constant "vendors" in the open air market. Never felt the need to go back.

Hawaii - LOVED Hawaii. Stayed in Waikiki. So so beautiful. Plenty to see and do with a good balance of relaxation. Didn't feel entirely safe later at night. Would go back, but too far. 13 hrs. to get somewhere doesn't excite me.

ARUBA!!!!! - Went for the first time in 1999, and with the exception of 2 yrs., have been back every year since. Plenty to see and do, or nothing at all - without the feeling of being bored. Wonderful restaurants, decent shopping, no beggers, low crime, WONDERFUL PEOPLE, feel safe getting around by myself on the island (not that I get around by myself all that much), but have no reservations hopping a bus to downtown and spending the entire day shopping alone.

I've thought about venturing to other islands, but Aruba has everything I want, and nothing I don't. I'm pretty simple - beach, bar, sand, sun, eats, nice people.

Reniassance Island & Surf Club Lazy River
    I've been to St Thomas, St John, Bermuda, Bahamas, St Martin, Hawaii, Acapulco, Greek islands, ....HANDS down, Aruba beats them all. I hate to go on vacation and see poverty, beggers, feel unsafe, shanties, trash( not bermuda or Hawaii, to expensive for us)....guess what, Aruba doesn't have any of these things.....I have 48 more years on my time shares so thats where we will be going....walker, wheelchair, cane..whatever it takes...
    Last edited by cindyo; 06-18-2008 at 09:54 PM.

Me and my fiance returned last week from our first trip to Aruba, we fell in love with it so much that we've decided to go back next year for our honeymoon.... and probably the year after that... and maybe even the year after that!
    Its just such an amazing place - i've been diving all around the caribbean, Antigua, St Barts, Saba... and i've been to Nassau in the bahamas - Aruba beats the lot. I can't speak for the diving in Aruba as didn't try it there but its just such an amazing island, the people are just incredible, so friendly and warm, and the weather!!! wow. I'm from England, we get enough rain all year round, at least in Aruba I can be guaranteed a dry 2 weeks! The bars and restaurants are fab, the beaches are beautiful, the people are amazing... I'm officially an Arubaholic!
    heathette x
    I cant wait till honeymoon in Aruba!!

Quote Originally Posted by janekev View Post
    Hi Leanne we too are flying on 21st July from Manchester, where are you staying, we are staying at the Riu Aruba Palace, can't wait counting down now, we have been to several Caribbean Islands and each one is different, but I hope this one is the best one yet
    Hi
    Staying at the tam, there are 13 of us. One wedding and one renewal of vows. Someone else on here is flying out from manchester on the 21st staying at the tam as well.
    Leanne

Next Aruba trip in

Not too sure

Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    this is only my opinon and others i am sure will have comments too.

we have been to
    St Maarten= found it congested, lovely beaches both dutch and french side, found the citizens less than friendly. lovely/pretty island.

Martinique= scary. lovely beaches, rude scary residents where we toured, cheap pricing, did i say scary?
    St. Thomas= very congested, very crowded, beaches nice, did not feel real safe at night being out and around. again, lovely island.

Bahamas= found it dirty, residents not friendly, we had crummy weather...lots of rain, good prices and good shopping .

Bermuda= found it too expensive and boring. beaches pretty

Cancun= disgustingly congested, residents rude, beaches lovely, pricing cheap.

Cozumel= same as Cancun but with more sites to see (Mayan ruiins) dirty

Bonaire= nice, somewhat friendly residents, pricing comparable to Aruba, no real great stretches of beaches, lousy shopping, small choices of restaurants awesome scuba and snorkeling

Curacao= like Bonaire and Aruba but very congested and not so friendly residents.

Dominican Republic= I was at a resort CasaDel Campo and it was magnificent. We did not leave the resort as the traveling around was unsafe.

Barbados= horrible, crime, filth but we were there only 12 hrs from a cruise ship.

Grand Cayman= expensive, great scuba and snorkeling, nothing to do at night, awesome beaches.

Aruba= has all of the positives of the above mentioned islands including GREAT weather most of the time.

Needless to say Aruba is #1 for us.
    I'd probably say Bonaire would be #2

andrea
    I have only been to Barbados and Aruba, but reading this it doesn't seem andrea has many nice things to say about any of the islands other than the one hosting the site. I know from experience that Barbados is nothing like she describes it, and I suspect she might have had one unfortunate experience like a brush with crime and based her entire oppinion on that, so that may be for the other islands too. My honest oppinion was that Aruba was beautiful, food was outstanding, scenery was different, people friendly, easy to get around. Too many American fast food joints though, and high rise hotels stabbing the horizon. In the end I would have to say the lack of tropical foliage was my deal breaker, and why I would chose Barbados as my fave.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast