Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Reniassance Island & Surf Club Lazy River
    We're home...KUDOS to American Airlines...they helped us out...got home one day late on # 1044( MONDAY 12/21) and got home 30 minutes early with 2 medical emergencies on board...

THANK YOU AMERICAN AIRLINES, YOUR PROFESSIONALISM WITH THE MEDICAL EMERGENCIES, AND HANDLING OF OUR CANCELED FLIGHT WAS OUTSTANDING !!!!!
    STAFF FRIENDLY, ACCOMDATING...A+

Aruba since 1979
    welcome home O's
    what kind of medical emergencies onboard?
    hope the people/patients are now ok

This is off the subject but has to do with a medical emergency while I was onboard a flight. Some guy claimed he got a sickness when he was in Aruba. The flight crew got really nervous about the whole situation. They thought that he has picked up something serious there. They almost landed the plane and had the whole flight quarantined. It so happened that the guy was hungover and making up some big story. Agghhh what a situation it was!!

Reniassance Island & Surf Club Lazy River
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    welcome home O's
    what kind of medical emergencies onboard?
    hope the people/patients are now ok
    One way in the back of the plane..don't know what it was, but all the dr's and nurses on board took over. The next one was dirrectly behind us. An older woman with oxygen kept loosing her air...they she went out...
    A cardiac nurse came to the rescue...got it going again, poor woman was grey.
    The kicker was the man( could have been her son, or husband, not sure) wasn't really sure of the meds she was on. AH, we got moved to first class while they folded our chairs down. The stewards on board were professional and courtesy and called ahead in case they had to land in NY. We were about an hour away from boston. While we were in first class we couldn't really see what was happening. SHe was escourted off the plane...
    All the equipment that they had on board was pulled out of the overhead bin...I had no idea what all the stuff was.
    AGAIN, kudos to AMerican Airlines !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! STAFF #1044 you were all great.

My neighbors friend stayed an extra day due to the snow in New York. . . . The good thing was they told her before she went to the airport. . . . . I don't think she was all that upset. .

Tom and Stanley

Cinyyo:

How often we just accept the professionalism of these people; but, thank goodness, when such emergencies do come up; we realize their expertise, along with caring, and comforting manner that they respond.

I am sure that you also wrote a short note or letter to AAL thanking them for such competent personnel who one could count on in such emergencies.

Have a wonder Holiday Season; safe and healthy.

Ed

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12