Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: How much sunscreen do you bring

Palm Beach, Arashi Beach and Manchebo Beach
    Due to always having an excess in my healthcare FSA I always have an ungodly amount of sunscreen laying around. In Aruba I usually plan on using a bottle every other day, so for a week I bring 4 bottles for myself. Usually I come home with a bottle left over but I always say, "it's better to have and not need than need and not have".

Fourteen days
    2 spray bottles per person for body coverage
    1 lotion bottle per person for face, neck, shoulders and forearm

The prices at Lings and most botticas are comparable to Canada... maybe a little more but weigh that incremental price against the space saved in your luggage/carry on. Aruba has a good selection of most known name-brands.

We also bring about 2-3 for the 2 of us for two weeks. If you run out it's not too bad at Ling's, but try not to buy it in the hotel store, I believe it is about twice the price or more. Andrea and cindyo bring up a couple of good points, use lip balm and don't forget the tops of your ears, especially if you don't wear a floppy hat.

Quote Originally Posted by act1966 View Post
    Fourteen days
    2 spray bottles per person for body coverage
    1 lotion bottle per person for face, neck, shoulders and forearm

The prices at Lings and most botticas are comparable to Canada... maybe a little more but weigh that incremental price against the space saved in your luggage/carry on. Aruba has a good selection of most known name-brands.
    I just wanted to point out that the airline liquid rules really limit what you can bring in your carryon. So for some you may need to weigh out the cost of checking a bag vs buying your sunscreen in Aruba. That's not an issue for us because we always check one bag.
    Not sure when, but we will be back

1.25 ounces per person per day. We travel as a family of four, so for a two week stay we would take 4x1.25x14=70 ounces. That sounds like a lot, but we are on the beach from 9:00 to 5:00 daily.
    Please contact via e-mail at arubarennowner@gmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by Traceyd14 View Post
    I just wanted to point out that the airline liquid rules really limit what you can bring in your carryon. So for some you may need to weigh out the cost of checking a bag vs buying your sunscreen in Aruba. That's not an issue for us because we always check one bag.
    Thanks goodness when it comes to this that my husband has Platinum status with United so we can bring heavy luggage with no charges. I wanted to go without checking luggage but realized I did not want to buy suntan lotion and shampoo/conditioner in Aruba so we are bringing our large suitcase. Probably a small luggage for each kid with all their toys, etc and a carry-on with essentials and my husband and I will have a personal item.
    Jen
    Owner 2 weeks Marriott Surf ClubNov 02, Jul 06, Jul 08, Oct 09, back in Aug 11
    Mom to DS Dec 06 and DD Dec 08

for our family june trip.
    probably wont believe this, we bring about 10 tubes, over 30 cans of spray!!!!!

the other times per year 6 tubes lotion. 10 cans spray.

holy crap!!!! im a bit scared now----i bought 2 tubes of 100spf....4 tubes of 50...and 2 of 30. and i thought i had alot for all 7 of us!!!! lol

Quote Originally Posted by nikko View Post
    holy crap!!!! im a bit scared now----i bought 2 tubes of 100spf....4 tubes of 50...and 2 of 30. and i thought i had alot for all 7 of us!!!! lol
    Oh my, you're cooked
    Please contact via e-mail at arubarennowner@gmail.com

Ricky how long are you going for? Since we will probably wear a rash guard for a large part of the time I think I am going to aim for between 10-16 bottles of 10oz for the four of us for 16 days.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast