Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: How much sunscreen do you bring

leaving june 18, 18 days, in my opinion with 7 people for 16 days, you're a little short on sun screen.
    the spray goes quick, due to wind blowing, not sure if you're covered........

for spray go to walmart, equate brand....

Better to be safe than sorry. We bring an insane amount of suncreen with us. I'm constantly reapplying on the kids. I, personally, don't like the spray kind for the beach. I never feel certain that they kids are covered because of the breeze. The lotion I can see
    Jacki ~ loving Aruba from NJ

Aruba since 1979
    we spray down in the house every day before we put our bathing suits on. that gives a great covering.
    then if we have to reapply at the pool or the beach we use the lotion.

before i retired, i was a swim instructor/coach/pool operator and the youth agency where i worked ran a summer day camp.
    every morning before the kids would get on the bus to go to camp, the ritual was that all kids lined up lined up in the gym and the staff would spray them down really well...ears, arms, necks, legs, bellies and backs. it was was quite a ritual. then we'd put a glob of lotion in their hands and tell them to have at it on their faces. it was a daily ritual and after swim lessons at camp........they'd line up again in the dining hall for round 2. daily we'd go thru numerous aerosol cans, and 2 large NoAd lotions.
    cvs and walgreens and rite aid were very good ...they donated all of the sunblock ...at least 800 containers.

aruba sun is so very intense. why ruin a vacation being uncomfortable or sick from sun's painful rays.
    how many of us have learned the hard way?

Noteworthy:

Last year while in Aruba one of my family members was using an aerosol spray sunscreen in the room before heading to the beach and had security & maintenance come to the door - apparently they were spraying so much the carbon monoxide detector was set off. They had to leave the balcony door open for 20 minutes to let the gas escape.

Aruba since 1979
    holy cow....really!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jacki View Post
    Noteworthy:

Last year while in Aruba one of my family members was using an aerosol spray sunscreen in the room before heading to the beach and had security & maintenance come to the door - apparently they were spraying so much the carbon monoxide detector was set off. They had to leave the balcony door open for 20 minutes to let the gas escape.

We are firm believers in lotion. On one of our first stays at the Surf Club we met "Tiger". We called him Tiger because someone had applied spray in lines across the backs of his legs and his back. I swear it looked just like tiger stripes when he got a burn the first day. Fortunately he and his gang of folks (honeymoon trip) were all very nice and joked along with us. Won't forget the first time DD went with us and tried to get a summers worth of sun on the last day, and decided it would be a good idea to skip the lotion for "more sun". She got more sun and her plane ride home was miserable.

Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    holy cow....really!
    LOL yes, really! There may have been 2 people spraying at the same time!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123