Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Yes Andrea, this crisis is worldwide. The US isn't the only country doing bailouts for their major banks. The Dutch had to do it as well and they are the 2nd biggest group to visit Aruba (I think). They were enjoying the difference in the dollar and were buying properties left and right, now they Dutch have lost a lot of money in their markets and the Euro is lossing ground against the dollar. The Dutch seem to travel to Bonaire and Curacao more anyway.

Venezuelans are looking for opportunities here in the ABC islands, but it would take a lot to overcome the loss in tourism that Aruba will face. The refinery is up for sale even, so hopefully that stays open if purchased. If not, there goes hundreds more Aruban jobs.

We bought a townhome at Gold Coast Villas. We did so because the hotel prices became so high. I was a bit nervous with everything that happened in the market but my husband has been reminding me how this investment will not just disappear. So I am rather happy that i will be able to maintain my travel to Aruba this year. I will say that we would probably cut out some of the more expensive dinners.

Alto Vista Chapel, Renaissance Island, Arashi Beach

Thumbs up Fear not Mr. Curious

Just returned from two weeks of bliss in Aruba. The Renaissance was packed! A great many people that vacation in Aruba are quite well off financially, and will continue to visit and support the people of Aruba. Like Rob O, methinks more of us would like to purchase one way tickets!!!
    Keep the faith,
    Sue

Next Aruba trip in

Snow....you've got to update your "ticker" for the next trip!
    Please contact via e-mail at arubarennowner@gmail.com

I don't know when we'll go again, we returned from Aruba 8-5-08 and are HOPPING to return in June of 09 we purchased a time share on our last trip. all inclusive so we have one week of everything included on our first use of the time share at no charge, I don't think my DW and I will stop going to Aruba. maybe sell the Vette,(not) that would leave me some extra cash for a couple of Trips
    I have two favorite things that I like to do.
    1-is go to Aruba and relax
    2- Drive my corvette
    we live Once lets enjoy it
    Me & Ei

Next Aruba trip in

This economic crisis is indeed worldwide. I am in the investment biz and i am seeing history made firsthand every day i come to the office.
    This will be long and deep, and i fear many people who thought it would not affect them will find out differently before this is over. The problems are very complex and will take time to unwind.

With that said, i agree with some of the posters - there are things we might need to cut back on, but the kind of vacation we all here on this board love, and look forward to all year, isnt one of them. I have no intention of not doing my 12 day trip this summer as i always do. Somehow i will manage.
    One thing i wonder about is how the worldwide recession will affect prices of all the residential properties, condos etc that are being built.

Aruban Economy

How long do you folks figure before the U.S. economy starts to translate onto Aruba? People seem to clamping their wallets shut in a hurry up in my neck of the woods, this should greatly effect tourism.

Radisson; Madame Janette; Downtown; Natural Bridge (even though only remnants remain); Marriott; Eagle Beach; Palm Beach
    I think the economic problems have already begun to be felt on Aruba. This is a worldwide crisis; not one that is limited to the USA. I'm told that China is shutting down 15,000 factories; and that is only the beginning. Not to sound like a 'doomsayer', but I think that Aruba and every other major and minor world vacation area is going to see a cutback in one way or the other. It seems that the only ones not hurting are the oil producing countries of the Middle East where construction, expansion, etc. are continuing at a rapid pace. A la Dubai, Saudi Arabia, etc. And...if you watched "60 Minutes" last week, you would have seen that they are preparing to continue to be THE oil source for the world as well as developing other energy sources such as wind, solar, etc. The USA has to look deep within its soul and begin to prepare for the eventual inclusion of solar and wind energy in its 'menu' of energy resources. And...if Aruba can produce its own delicious drinking water from sea water, why can't we????

Time to revisit this topic? The Tamarijn was sold out in June and July. Someone is traveling.

Banned
    IMHO, travel, like buying new cars and other discretionary spending items will be greatly impacted as the US's economical debacle grows even deeper. Exactly when this will translate onto the Aruban tourism based economy is a wildcard. Not really a matter of if, but when. A sad, but stark reality of the current situation we have underfoot and it does not seem to be getting better anytime soon.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast