Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast
    Having a timeshare I really haven't changed any of my plans other than staying a bit closer to home on our summer vacation this year and not flying as far.

I'm just trying to time it right with home values down there.

Radisson; Madame Janette; Downtown; Natural Bridge (even though only remnants remain); Marriott; Eagle Beach; Palm Beach
    We'll be back in Aruba in less than three weeks!!! Can't wait!!

Iguana Joe's, Miss the Natural Bridge, Butterfly Farm
    I like most of the other replies are the same. As long as I have a job and able to keep my timeshare I will be going. It's something we plan on and plan other things around.
    Mike M

Pool Side in

Aruba since 1979
    according to the news on CNBC this morning, the recession is over.
    someone now has to notify my bank accounts or lack thereof.
    we are not going to aruba within the next 12 months.

We figure after my husband's two days thus far of furlough and rumored 8 - 15 more days to follow and increased health benefits costs, he will lose 5%+ of his salary this year.

Banned
    I'll keep going without a doubt, like everybody else as long as I have a job. I haved minimal overhead and no kids. But what is my biggest worry is a spike in crime in Aruba as their economy deteriorates. In the area where I live their has been an increase in robberies and domestics. The older people with stable finances and income will still be regulars.

I extended my vacation to 10 days instead of 7, I will be arriving on 8/5/09 at the Aruba Beach Club, This will be my 7th trip to Aruba. (I took ownership from my parents who purchased the time share in 1983.) The only difference will be in dining, We'll go to Pizza Bob's a couple of nights and even eat at the Hotel's restuarants, They have specials thoughtout the week. We'll go to 1 or 2 really nice dinners. But I go to Aruba to relax, not be worried about getting ready for dinner. After Happy Hour (Rum Runners) I don't care where we eat. LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    according to the news on CNBC this morning, the recession is over.
    someone now has to notify my bank accounts or lack thereof.
    we are not going to aruba within the next 12 months.
    Officially it takes six months from the time it is over before they can actually say that. You need to have consecutive quarters of economic growth. I've seen various people predicting that the worst is already behind us for three or four months now and yet we continue to see unemployment.

CNBC is emblematic of the problems that caused the economic downturn in the first place. It's all about short term market return and instant gratification.

I am still going I don't care what bills I have, they will be there when I am dead and gone. I am not waiting till I "retire" to enjoy my life too many friends made it to retire and got sick, or their spouse got ill, they can't walk whatever. As long as I can pay my mortgage and put food on the table thats enough, I WILL NOT GIVE UP ARUBA. Maybe cut back on dining out lunch and dinner cook in a few meals. Where theres a will theres a way. (Hopefully). Luckily my kids are all grown and on their own so its a little easier.

url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]

[/url]

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast