Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast
    Both my husband have been affected by the economy, we worry we wont have jobs each month. My job is month to month.

Aruba is my mental health leave from work. If I dont go on this vacation...work won't want me back LOL. We look forward to it way too much to give it up. We will always find away to make it back each year. This will be 8th trip.

With dh anticipating up to 12 more furlough days, right now it appears Aruba will not see us in 2010.

Quote Originally Posted by Arubalisa View Post
    With dh anticipating up to 12 more furlough days, right now it appears Aruba will not see us in 2010.
    Eagle Beach Boy
    Ontario, Canada

Aruba since 1979
    NOT good
    I am sorry to hear that.
    andrea

Lisa, "chin up," hopefully things will improve. I just hope that...knowing how much you enjoy the Island and your visits year-after-year...that you will be able to return to "Paradise" soon.

In the meantime, "Thank you and Andrea for such long and faithful devotion to making this such a nice and imformative website for all to enjoy.

Ed

~Amy~ - 35th trip to Aruba: New Years Eve 2017/2018 -- Zihuatanejo, MX: March 2018 -- Ireland: June/July 2018 --
    36th trip to Aruba: Sept. 2018

the desert. the national park just laying on the beach in total relaxation.
    1998 was my first year, haven't missed one yet and not going to. We don't buy much of anything anymore. Got more t-shirts than I can wear. I always go to Lings and buy almost everything Vicki and I will eat during the days at the beach. We have finally figured out how to go to Aruba and just relax on the beach with a beer or 3 or 5 or so. I always buy our beer and liquor requirements as Lings. Unless someone knows a cheaper place to get it. This year we may not rent a car for the whole week. We don't use it enough. We can walk to several magnificent restaurants like, Ruth Chris and Texas de brazil. I use to take a couple grand with me for us to spend but not any more. Just being down there and on the beach is the best thing I've found to do. For the 1st few years we had to explore the island but we over that now. Maybe a good movie at the theatre or just get smashed and set outside. We are getting excited still as we do every year before we go. We don't leave until January 28th, 2010. But it'll be here before we know it.
    Last edited by shady grady; 10-22-2009 at 10:46 PM. Reason: spelling

Thought I would revive this thread to see if we are the only ones not going to Aruba this year due to the bad economy.

Aruba since 1979
    you are not alone. we do not see an aruba trip anytime within the next year or longer.

we had to rent out all of our lacabana units so have no units to use til after feb 1. so even if we wanted to go, we have nowhere to stay

i wish things were very different for all of us in the finance dept.
    [/B]
    Thought I would revive this thread to see if we are the only ones not going to Aruba this year due to the bad economy.

We take it year by year now. We have gone twice a year, but now it is just once. We also stay at an AI so don't worry about going "out" to eat. We will go at least one time this year. But like I said we take it year by year, we are both retired. As I have said before, my husband has MS, and he wants to go as long as he can. He walks with a cane, and so far as far as the MS goes, he gets around in Aruba great. I wish things would get straightened out SOON!

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast