Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
    Banned
    Manchebo Eagle Beach, Oceania Residences, Occidental

Question Hugo and Venezuela

I am seeing Aruba and Venezuela in the news more and more lately. I most recently read that the Dutch have increased military presence due to Venezuelan activities off the coast.
    Seeing as Hugo Chavez is crazy and he considers the Dutch Caribbean islands his anyway how concerned are you about these developments? I think he would love to get his hands on that refinery for his crude.

http://washingtontimes.com/news/2009...worries-aruba/

Thoughts?

Hugo would like to put his greasy mits on anything, which is why he's signed up with Putin to put an oil rig not so far away from Aruba, which is also why the Dutch sent some emissaries to have a little sit-down a couple of weeks ago.

Given the current climate in the US, now would be the time for Hugo to make a move. At the same time, he should study the Falklands Conflict of the early 80's. Margaret Thatcher handled that and the Dutch may or may not do the same. Just something to figure into the equation.

Oil is around $43 per barrel today and poor Hugo needs more like $60, better yet $90 to keep up his dreams of Chavismo across South America. So he may not have the coin to cause mayhem. Let's hope this is the case. He may also face some wicked internal distress as the Venezuelans continue to suffer a lower standard of living from his hapless attempts to manage an economy. I mean, just because you can get on television and blather on for hours doesn't mean you know what you're talking about.

Bon dia.

Aruba's Novelist in Residence (sometimes)
    http://www.bentpage.wordpress.com/

Banned
    Manchebo Eagle Beach, Oceania Residences, Occidental
    Well put! Greed is such an evil motivator .. especially for crazy people like Hugo.

Greed is evil as we know but its the people that do not have any humanity to themselves as it is. I am praying that the Dutch will be able to Stop this Evil Person

I understand it he still has to win the referendum to be able to run again in the next election.
    But he does have their Parliament stacked with his people.
    Eagle Beach Boy
    Ontario, Canada

Sounds like Chavez is going to see how far he can push until the Netherlands decides to push back. Bad idea on his part, but you never know. I doubt the Netherlands will let him walk in and take over....at least for Aruba's sake. He would ruin the tourism there and destroy the economy in one fell swoop...
    ARUBA....HOME AWAY FROM HOME

No one has ever been heard of that would give up a gold mine if it still produces. Then, why would the Dutch give up Aruba and its rich tourist industry and oil refineries without a fight? I don't think that Aruba has anything to worry about; the Dutch will definitely protect their interests.

Just a thought!