Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide

I am starting to miss my time in Aruba

We discovered Aruba three years ago. Stayed at the radisson every September since then. Last year we spent considerable amount of time looking at various time shares and got one at the Occidental.

But when my grand daughter was born in 2005 I said we are going to Disney in 2010. (well I had to give up our week in Aruba)

and now the time is almost here--- its kinda sad because I had to swap out one kind of a vacation for another.

So, I have to live vicariously here through all you guys going. But next year-- I will be back.

Aruba since 1979
    wow, giving up aruba for disney.
    you must really really really love that grandbaby.

sorry that you will traipsing around the "house of mouse" with the other 75000 and the heat and humidity.

maybe someday i will do the same if i am lucky enough to be a grandparent.

Quote Originally Posted by serene56 View Post
    We discovered Aruba three years ago. Stayed at the radisson every September since then. Last year we spent considerable amount of time looking at various time shares and got one at the Occidental.

But when my grand daughter was born in 2005 I said we are going to Disney in 2010. (well I had to give up our week in Aruba)

and now the time is almost here--- its kinda sad because I had to swap out one kind of a vacation for another.

So, I have to live vicariously here through all you guys going. But next year-- I will be back.

Who woulda ever thought I gave up precious vacation time for a child--LOL

Well, she is a girl.

I come from a family with brothers, no sisters, I have all sons, no daughters, and nephews.. sigh.

My house i princessed. We sit around on weekends wearing our cinderella dresses. (well I try to be the evil step mother (at least my hosue gets cleaned)

I am trying to find out if I can go in February---but bet its crowded that month compared to September eh?

I love the beach (who doesn't?), anywhere that I can snorkel, The Donkey Sanctuary (much to the dismay of my daughter), the lighthouse.
    September is a great time to go. It will still be hot, but the kids will be back in school so the crowds will not be TOO awful. Definitely take the advice of the tour books and go backwards... The tendency when you enter the various parks is to go in a counterclockwise pattern. If everyone else goes that way, you can go the opposite way and avoid some of the crowds. Have a great time!

Your grandaughter will love you for your hardship. We made the same "sacrifice" one year for our then 8 yo who had never been to Disney through no fault of her own.

She will NOW tell you she loves Aruba more! ...and given the chance this year would have given up a trip to Universal and Charleston to have gone to Aruba.

Aruba will always be there for us.