Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide

I want to live here!!! IMO

More than once I have met with repeat visitors that have taken the decision that they want to move to Aruba. It is such a compliment to hear that and to see the sincerity on the faces that make that statement.

I wanted to live in North Carolina once. Specifically the Cherokee area. With some will power and a lot of finagling, I pulled it off and my small family moved there. I can honestly say that the first months and year were pure bliss. Then something happened that I shall always carry with me as a lesson learned. Slowly I found that I was not a part of the community I admired so much but instead I was a resident. Everyone was kind to me and respectful and greeted me on the streets etc. but I was a resident. As some of you know, Cherokee is an island within a country and is very much for those folks that were born there and whose lineage goes back for centuries. My Daughter was not allowed to go to school and neither she or my son had friends beyond those immediately working with us. It was testy and finally we left. The send off was well attended and teary and the amount of money I spent in getting in and then being there was an important amount to a 34 year old guy 30 years ago.

Aruba is not much different than that with the exception that we truly welcome visitors and want to be a part of others lives in all ways. We are a table with the perpetual empty seat and plate waiting to be occupied. That said, I wonder if there is not much more value in enjoying the visit to the Nth and maintaining those memories? I say that because the one bone in the throat that should always be considered is that when you move to a new place to live out your years in Nirvana - You have left something behind. and what we leave behind needs our fullest respect and consideration.

Last year Junior and I went trout fishing in Cherokee and spent 14 days of bliss and have memories that will be with us both beyond my existence - and that is a good thing, isn't it?

JUST A RAMBLING OPINION.

be well
    charles
    THERE ARE PLACES TO SEE - STORIES TO TELL
    IMAGES TO HARNESS - AND MORE STORIES ON caribbean.tv
    be well
    charles

As often said.

"The grass is always greener on the other side of the fence."
    Eagle Beach Boy
    Ontario, Canada