Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: I wish I had left __________ at home?

I agree with the less clothes as well......and with the less make up and jewelry, especially after the first couple of days you have such nice color that makeup is not really needed anyway and as for the jewelry...we dont usually get so dressed up that i need it...now I just take some costume jewlry to cute-up a pair of shorts for dinner....
    and with all the room i now have in my suitcase I can bring rum, some cooking stuff, foldable coolers and noodles for floating !!!!!
    ARUBA....HOME AWAY FROM HOME

I have to agree, clothes, shoes, make up, . U really need very little ( well something )

sun tan lotion --- don't 4get

Leave Home

Agree 150% clothes and shoes...never wear 1/2 of what I bring...And really wished I left my return ticket at home......

"I wish I had left STRESS home."

UNFORTUNATELY, OUR WORRIES AND STRESSES TEND TO GO WITH US.

be well
    charles
    THERE ARE PLACES TO SEE - STORIES TO TELL
    IMAGES TO HARNESS - AND MORE STORIES ON caribbean.tv
    be well
    charles

Food. I tried to pack a few things to cut down on eating out but ended up tossing it all after customs opened it and we were never in the room to eat anyway. Next time we'll just make a grocery run in the begining of the week.
    Can't wait for fun in the sun!

Quote Originally Posted by Caribbean-tattler View Post
    "I wish I had left STRESS home."

UNFORTUNATELY, OUR WORRIES AND STRESSES TEND TO GO WITH US.

be well
    charles

It take a day or two after we arrive in Aruba to get completely relaxed. Not that we aern't enjoying ourselves during that time. We just have to adjust our clocks to Aruba time.

I agree with you AndyM. We are an hour behind Aruba time here in Texas, and I miss that hour. THEN when we get home I need to re-adjust. hahaha Not that I mind---wish I were there now. I don't care what time it is. However, the stress, I leave that in Texas!!
    Pat

Baby beach Garufa's Rage (a girls gotta shop) Renaissance Island
    I am an overpacker at heart and I tend to bring too many, shoes, outfits, jewelry, and things to occupy my beach time like books, ipods, journals.

When I get there I find more than half of the clothes I packed go untouched; either we don't go out that often and wind up eating in or the places we go are casual enough that shorts with really nice tops will suffice. As for the beach items, laying out sleeping under an umbrella, or spending the time actually talking "aka reconnecting" to my hubby and daughter face to face beats reading a novel any day. I know, I know sappy...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12