Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 57
Like Tree70Likes

Thread: If Money were no object......would you?

  1. #11
    Senior Member cindyo's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Reniassance Island & Surf Club Lazy River
    Posts
    5,699
    I would rent a 3 bdrm suite at Surf Club and bring my family down private non stop jet
    i would hire a chef
    i would rent Tranquilo for a private tour for a day
    take DH on a round of golf at TierradelSol
    Tour with Sunrise Tours along Boca Grande Beach area

  2. #12
    Senior Member cpjones's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Eagle Beach, Glitz Casino, Manchebo Beach Resort
    Posts
    3,896
    I would rent the penthouse suite for my family at the Hilton with reserved front row palapas each day.... I'd hang on the beach all day...... rent the Tranquilo for a private dinner sunset cruise..... no other activities except the beach and massages for DW. Play in the water with my Grandson. I'd savor all our favorite restaurants.... Mme J's, Quinta del Carmen, Sunset Grille, Bugaloe and others.

    Then on day 7..... I'D CHAIN MYSELF TO THE PALAPA SO I WOULDN'T HAVE TO GO HOME....!

  3. #13
    Senior Member act1966's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    In the pool.
    Posts
    2,491
    Where would you stay?

    Assuming I could get one, I'd want to stay in a penthouse at the Blue Residences. That view is fantastic.

    Where would you dine?

    1) Kitchen Table
    2) Carte Blanche
    3) Wilhelmina's
    4) 2 Fools and a Bull
    5) White Modern
    6) Gostoso's
    7) Hmmm... I'd flip a coin for this night between Quinta Del Carmen and Ventanas Del Mar

    What activities would you partake?

    Money's no object so we'd be buying up emeralds like crazy and selling them on the world market but...

    We like walking around downtown so nothing fancy. There are three things we'd do again... you'll see them on the show we filmed!

  4. #14
    Senior Member burghboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Palm Beach, Arashi Beach and Manchebo Beach
    Posts
    817
    Quote Originally Posted by act1966 View Post
    Where would you stay?

    Assuming I could get one, I'd want to stay in a penthouse at the Blue Residences. That view is fantastic.

    Where would you dine?

    1) Kitchen Table
    2) Carte Blanche
    3) Wilhelmina's
    4) 2 Fools and a Bull
    5) White Modern
    6) Gostoso's
    7) Hmmm... I'd flip a coin for this night between Quinta Del Carmen and Ventanas Del Mar

    What activities would you partake?

    Money's no object so we'd be buying up emeralds like crazy and selling them on the world market but...

    We like walking around downtown so nothing fancy. There are three things we'd do again... you'll see them on the show we filmed!
    Is there a date for when the International Man of Mystery will be revealed?











    Visit onehappypodcast.com
    the officially unofficial podcast of the island of Aruba. Tips, tricks and stories about the best place on earth! If you don't listen you are missing out.




  5. #15
    Senior Member ~Amy~'s Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    2,690
    In Sept, our friends were upgraded to the penthouse suite at the Ritz....they invited us over to partake in their good fortune. So we spent a sunset evening there enjoying the many views from each balcony, drinking champagne, and enjoying the complimentary food/drinks on the balcony at the Club Lounge while listening to the live music below around the pool. I did not want to leave. LOL! So that is where we would stay. Ahhhhh................

    Dining: Carte Blanche, 2 Fools and a Bull, Screaming Eagle, Passions, The Kitchen Table by White, and a private sunset dinner cruise on the Morning Star again.

    Activities: private all day snorkel on the Tranquilo
    ~Amy~ - 35th trip to Aruba: New Years Eve 2017/2018 -- Zihuatanejo, MX: March 2018 -- Ireland: June/July 2018 -- 36th trip to Aruba: Sept. 2018




  6. #16
    Senior Member arubabob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Eagle Beach, Baby Beach, Arashi Beach Tierra Del Sol golf course
    Posts
    1,202
    The Ritz sounds like a good time but we still would prefer a 3 bedroom suite at Costa Linda if money is no object. Maybe we are too old for the Ritz. We just love the beach and pool area and comfort of CL. Maybe we will try the restaurants at the Ritz next trip. Currently our favorites are Madam Janettes, Pelicans Nest and Blossoms. Expensive restaurants are not always good restaurants. I doubt there is a better grilled grouper dinner for any price, anywhere on Aruba than the one you get at The Pelicans Nest.

  7. #17
    Senior Member Traceyd14's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Under a palapa on Palm beach
    Posts
    3,498
    Quote Originally Posted by arubabob View Post
    The Ritz sounds like a good time but we still would prefer a 3 bedroom suite at Costa Linda if money is no object. Maybe we are too old for the Ritz. We just love the beach and pool area and comfort of CL. Maybe we will try the restaurants at the Ritz next trip. Currently our favorites are Madam Janettes, Pelicans Nest and Blossoms. Expensive restaurants are not always good restaurants. I doubt there is a better grilled grouper dinner for any price, anywhere on Aruba than the one you get at The Pelicans Nest.
    I would agree with you on the grilled grouper at Pelicans Nest. The server attitudes there can be hit or miss but that grouper is worth taking a chance.

    The Ritz looks amazing, but for me it's too isolated for a Palm Beach hotel.
    Not sure when, but we will be back

  8. #18
    CK1
    CK1 is offline
    Senior Member CK1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Anywhere where I can see the turquoise-blue ocean
    Posts
    2,285
    If money is no object... I still would prefer to stay again at the small place I have been staying before: it's just a small cozy place with a beautiful tropical garden and a view to the ocean. For me, it's that perfect island feel, being on a small Caribbean Island. I never liked the big, luxurious resorts, they could be anywhere in the world. I don't like the expensive restaurants either, never did. I prefer a small restaurant with delicious, healthy food at a reasonable prize. Activities: As always, I would rent a car, a safer now as there are so many accidents. As a special: I would love to go on a sunset cruise like Black Perls and meet Kent to show me how to snorkel and dive.

    Now, with all the money I would safe on accommodation and restaurants, I would make generous donations to several animal rescue organizations and animals sanctuaries.

  9. #19
    Senior Member act1966's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    In the pool.
    Posts
    2,491
    Quote Originally Posted by burghboy View Post
    Is there a date for when the International Man of Mystery will be revealed?
    They're telling us "sometime this spring"!

  10. #20
    Senior Member Arubalisa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Any Aruba beach...
    Posts
    13,177
    Why the Bucuti over the Ritz Carlton or vice versa?

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO