Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Like Tree70Likes

Thread: If Money were no object......would you?

Aruba since 1979
    i would prefer bucuti as i prefer the beach at bucuti and love the location of the low rise.

although the ritz is lovely, it lacks the "caribbean feel" imo.

For me I would stay at Bucuti and probably dine at the usual places. However, since money is no object, I would take the round trip cab to pinchos, west deck, and probably eat at more pricey places like Chaelt Suuse, MJ, Quinta De Carmen, try out Screaming Eagle etc and take more cab tours with Bully to Baby Beach or maybe do a beach hop tour where i visit all the beachea in 1 day or a few days.

I don't know much about the Ritz Carlton but my company is having a convention there in May for our top producers. I work for a life insurance company (in house employee) and they reward our top insurance brokers with a free 7 night vacation for them and their family (wife, kids). Last year it was held at the Ritz Carlton in Puerto Rico and this year Aruba.

Quote Originally Posted by Arubalisa View Post
    Why the Bucuti over the Ritz Carlton or vice versa?
    The service at the Bucuti is very, very good but the service at the Ritz.....amazing! (I'd stay at the penthouse at the Bucuti, too.)
    ~Amy~ - 35th trip to Aruba: New Years Eve 2017/2018 -- Zihuatanejo, MX: March 2018 -- Ireland: June/July 2018 --
    36th trip to Aruba: Sept. 2018

Eagle Beach, Baby Beach, Arashi Beach Tierra Del Sol golf course
    Quote Originally Posted by ArubaAce View Post
    For me I would stay at Bucuti and probably dine at the usual places. However, since money is no object, I would take the round trip cab to pinchos, west deck, and probably eat at more pricey places like Chaelt Suuse, MJ, Quinta De Carmen, try out Screaming Eagle etc and take more cab tours with Bully to Baby Beach or maybe do a beach hop tour where i visit all the beachea in 1 day or a few days.

I don't know much about the Ritz Carlton but my company is having a convention there in May for our top producers. I work for a life insurance company (in house employee) and they reward our top insurance brokers with a free 7 night vacation for them and their family (wife, kids). Last year it was held at the Ritz Carlton in Puerto Rico and this year Aruba.
    I was one of those agents for another company before I retired. Those trips were hard to win but very worthwhile. My company never had a trip to Aruba though. I did qualify for trips to Paris, London, Maui, San Francisco, San Diego, Las Vegas and Disney World. If there had been one to Aruba, I would have tried really hard. My company really treated us well on those trips. Our favorite was 7 nights in Paris with an American buffet breakfast every morning, a dinner cruise on the Seine and dinner show at the Moulin Rouge. Best of all was the farewell dinner at the Palace of Versailles. On our own the rest of the time. My DW says it was the most expensive free trip we ever took.
    Last edited by arubabob; 01-05-2016 at 04:58 PM.

Tracey, at first I did not like that the Ritz was at the end, now that is part of the attraction for me but certainly could be a drawback for some. We are trying the club level (free upgrade with the Ritz card) this Feb and I hope its as great as Amy says it is. We toured the club and was impressed with it, and the view does not get better. Staying at the Ritz we can be as busy as we like. We can walk the beach or take the $8cab ride, which I actually enjoy if the cabbie is friendly.

Quote Originally Posted by arubabob View Post
    Our favorite was 7 nights in Paris with an American buffet breakfast every morning, a dinner cruise on the Seine and dinner show at the Moulin Rouge. Best of all was the farewell dinner at the Palace of Versailles. On our own the rest of the time. My DW says it was the most expensive free trip we ever took.
    I would have taken that trip over Aruba in a heartbeat! We love Paris and have been there many times - probably our favorite city in Europe.
    ~Amy~ - 35th trip to Aruba: New Years Eve 2017/2018 -- Zihuatanejo, MX: March 2018 -- Ireland: June/July 2018 --
    36th trip to Aruba: Sept. 2018

Amy you are correct about the service being amazing!!!! And they are genuine with their love for the island and their hotel...I can't speak highly enough of the staff at the Ritz, they somehow make Aruba even more special than it already is, and I am hard to make happy sometimes, lol.

Palm Beach, Arashi Beach and Manchebo Beach
    If Money were no object......would you?-img_20150907_102200.jpg
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    i would prefer bucuti as i prefer the beach at bucuti and love the location of the low rise.

although the ritz is lovely, it lacks the "caribbean feel" imo.
    imo that 200 or so yard stretch of beach in front of Bucuti is the best on the island. My avatar is our chairs set up there.
    Last edited by burghboy; 01-06-2016 at 03:22 PM.

Visit onehappypodcast.com
    the officially unofficial podcast of the island of Aruba. Tips, tricks and stories about the best place on earth! If you don't listen you are missing out.

I actually think the grounds are prettier at the Hyatt but the views at the Ritz can't be beat. You can see the ocean from almost anywhere and thats not true at many resorts, including the Hyatt. Having a drink watching the sunset at the Divi bar, Madero Bar, outdoors at Solanio, on your balcony or almost walking almost anyplace on the property offers amazing views of the ocean.
    Last edited by Aruba4ever; 01-05-2016 at 11:05 PM.

The biggest thing to me would be being able to bring friends/family all down on a private jet. I am another one for not staying in a hotel (for some reason only in Aruba do I feel this way). We would stay where we always do (Oceania with private pool). I would add a privet chef for a meal or two, I would have a driver available 24-7 (we like to drink, and will not drive even after a couple), would also have a boat and captain available for a day or two. Snorkel with Aruba Bob, tour with Bully, professional family photos are must dos. Eating out I don't think much would change, MJ, Chalet Swiss, QDC, Passions, Blossoms, I am sure we'd try some new places. Oh and I'd spend a whole lotta time at the craps tables

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast