Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree60Likes

Thread: If it wasn't for Aruba...

Quote Originally Posted by Aruba4ever View Post
    The math on "not" going to Aruba is astonishing. To think what I have spent on 21 trips is gross but I would not trade my memories and friends for all the money I have spent. I know you feel the same, but we both would have nicer bank accounts for sure. Your expense is much greater than mine but you own, nice job!!!!

How much time do you get to spend on the island now?
    Agree. Four to six weeks per year depending on what's going on at home during any given period.

We would not have a place to retire to...well for the winters at least.

OUR COUPLE'S RETREAT. THE PEARL CONDO HOTEL AT EAGLE BEACH. CONDO ACCOMMODATES TWO ADULTS. YOU MUST REQUEST UNIT #8. https://photos.app.goo.gl/lRquP1F4VtxyZhR42 RENTING DIRECTLY THROUGH http://www.thepearlaruba.com/.

1. Would not have discovered Dan Putowski's books on Aruba( An Island Away, Under A Blue Flag, and Dark Currents).
    2. Would have missed out on the great delicacy that is Sunday Barbecue.
    3. Missed out on a place that is so much like my own home, where Tourism is done right.
    4. Would not have discovered that on Aruba every night feels like a Friday night.

Aruba since 1979
    ........if it were not for aruba, my facebook would be about 50 friends lighter

I would never have met our great friends Amy and Frank. My mental health would suffer in the winter months. I would not have so many forum friends. I would never know what I was missing. I wouldn't be planning trips months in advance lol. I would be sad.

Aruba since 1979
    yes susan!
    key words "mental health" which gets such a bum rap and misunderstandings.

for all that suffer any kind of mental health issues........and it is probably 90% of the population that suffers from the mid winter depressions/doldrums ......... aruba certainly helps!!!

so if it wasn't for aruba, many would fall deep into the winter blues.
    Quote Originally Posted by susan.b View Post
    I would never have met our great friends Amy and Frank. My mental health would suffer in the winter months. I would not have so many forum friends. I would never know what I was missing. I wouldn't be planning trips months in advance lol. I would be sad.

****I would never spend quality time with my workaholic husband
    ****I wouldn't have met some very dear friends who I see even in the States
    ****I would also have less Facebook friends
    ****I would not have thought about retiring to a warmer tropical climate in the future
    ****I would not have an Aruba themed home office

We spend 10 days to 2 weeks there every year. We use our other holidays in the summer as we have a camp/cottage. I love when people tell me I need to go elsewhere. Why? I have found perfection in Aruba. I look forward to it all year long. I breathe easier in Aruba, if that makes any sense. Someday we would like to spend a month a year there.

I would still be fighting up with the crowds at Dragon Con in Atlanta Ga over the course of labor day weekend. While I'm a die hard fan of all things Science Fiction, Fantasy, Comic, Anime, Manga etc related, I have an aversion to really large crowds.

I would be standing in line in front of the Embassy's for those countries that require citizens of my country to acquire visas for travel.

Would not have developed a greater appreciation for living in the Caribbean/West Indies. Listening to fellow visitors talk mournfully about leaving Aruba to return to the cold while I'm returning to a country with the exact same temp and climate makes me realize how lucky I am to be living where I live.

I would not have developed an interest in wanting to learn Papiamento.

I would not have discovered the links and culture shared between Aruba and T&T.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12