Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree59Likes

Thread: If you lived on Aruba, What would you do?

If you lived on Aruba, What would you do?

Not only a question of where you would live, but what would you do each and every day?

I wonder how long it would take to WANT to do something other than lounge on the beach & stare at the beautiful water...
    Jacki ~ loving Aruba from NJ

In my ideal world I would be able to work part-time as a personal trainer 2 hours per day. I would then enjoy the rest of my day doing nothing and loving every minute of it.

Arashi Beach, Baby Beach, San Nicholas, Oranjestad, Noord.. Basically the whole dang island!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jacki View Post
    I wonder how long it would take to WANT to do something other than lounge on the beach & stare at the beautiful water...

Depends on your disposition... LOL... after 6 weeks... I was ready to do something else....
    Ed and Liz Ginocchio Golden Reef Hospitality - Your Aruba Dream Mgmt. Rental Vacation Homes
    We manage your home just like it was our own! www.myarubadreamvilla.com

I would volunteer at the animal shelter.

Quote Originally Posted by susan.b View Post
    I would volunteer at the animal shelter.
    And the orphanages and Turtuga and the Donkey Sanctuary and Philip's and the YMCA
    Jacki ~ loving Aruba from NJ

Arashi Beach, Baby Beach, San Nicholas, Oranjestad, Noord.. Basically the whole dang island!
    Jacki,

We did the Beach Cleanup this past Friday at Bachelor's Beach! FYI A couple of times a year they have a fundashon that does a huge VOLUNTEER weekend, called Aruba Doet. It lists hundreds of opportunities to volunteer. You can volunteer for specific days they do a weekend, but it also puts you in touch with programs that can use volunteers all year round. Also, You DON'T have live on Aruba to volunteer... you can do something, even for a day. To check out Aruba Doet, here is their facebook page. It would be great if you all could do a sticky for "Volunteer Possibilities" somewhere here too!

https://www.facebook.com/ARUBADOET/
    Ed and Liz Ginocchio Golden Reef Hospitality - Your Aruba Dream Mgmt. Rental Vacation Homes
    We manage your home just like it was our own! www.myarubadreamvilla.com

CK1
    Anywhere where I can see the turquoise-blue ocean
    What would I do?

Follow my passion: Exploring everything there is to explore! Every beach, every street, every cave, every area. Museums, churches, cemeteries. Get in touch with Aruban artists like painters, dancers, singers, the ones creating jewelry, pottery, etc.

Follow my heart: Getting involved in rescuing dogs and cats, getting in touch with Phillip's Garden, the Donkey Sanctuary etc. I would volunteer to educate people about dogs, would take dogs to schools, orphanages and to the homes of elder people. I would like to get in touch with the whole community.

Each morning, I would like to go for a quiet walk on the beach to reflect on life and take in the beauty of ocean.
    Each evening, I would like to take the time to watch the breathtaking sunsets.

CK1
    Anywhere where I can see the turquoise-blue ocean
    Oh, I forgot: And I would learn Papiamento!

Aruba since 1979
    I'd want to work part time for the ATA or with Depalm.
    Volunteer a few hours a week for the Arf-Aruba (animal organization)

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast