Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree59Likes

Thread: If you lived on Aruba, What would you do?

In no particular order;
    Write fiction
    Learn Papiamento
    Teach an adult literacy class( part time)
    Teach an after-school literacy program
    Create a magazine aimed at Ex-pats
    Radio Broadcasting
    Become a full time beach bum.

We talk about this everytime we are there! I would like to get involved in wedding planning and a personal concierge business. Jon would either be a mate on a fishing boat or drive one of the boats on the beach for tube rides and wakeboarding.
    By the time we leave each visit, we have a whole business plan laid out from our days on the beach daydreaming about it.
    Not sure when, but we will be back

I have told my wife several times I would love to spend the Winters in Aruba DJing.

Boca Catalina, Arashi Beach Manchebo Beach, Eagle Beach
    My husband owns a construction and an electrical contracting company. He goes nuts watching how slowing they get things accomplished in Aruba. We joke that he could come down, work a few mornings a week, and get more done than they do in a week. I used to sing for events, weddings, stage productions, so I tell him that I'll get a job singing at happy hour or in one of the restaurants that has music. That would leave my days free to hang out on the beach.

I would first be blessed to live in Aruba.. and with that I will return it by offer volunteer for those who are in need of medical. It may be home visits, respite care (caring for somebody so the family can have a break)
    Will enjoy watching the sun rise and sunset daily....
    Enjoy happy hours with the "locals."

Natural Pool, Druif Beach, Eagle Beach, California Lighthouse, Helicopter
    Quote Originally Posted by hatteras View Post
    My husband owns a construction and an electrical contracting company. He goes nuts watching how slowing they get things accomplished in Aruba. We joke that he could come down, work a few mornings a week, and get more done than they do in a week. I used to sing for events, weddings, stage productions, so I tell him that I'll get a job singing at happy hour or in one of the restaurants that has music. That would leave my days free to hang out on the beach.
    Does he go around looking at the electrical work, critiquing how bad it is? That's what my electrician husband does. He was taking pictures and sending them to his co-workers. LOL
    I think we would both get involved with the stray dogs/cats somehow.
    Laura

Amsterdam Manor, anywhere with a hot sun and a cold drink.
    I'd sit on the beach reading. I've got an entire bookcase full of books I've either never read or want to re-read. Between working full time and the little one in the house, reading time is tough to find.

Boca Catalina, Arashi Beach Manchebo Beach, Eagle Beach
    Quote Originally Posted by sunnysmiles View Post
    Does he go around looking at the electrical work, critiquing how bad it is? That's what my electrician husband does. He was taking pictures and sending them to his co-workers. LOL
    I think we would both get involved with the stray dogs/cats somehow.
    My husband notices everything and it drives him crazy!! He can't watch home improvement shows because of the shoddy work so many of them do. SORRY - OFF TOPIC!!

Quote Originally Posted by hatteras View Post
    My husband notices everything and it drives him crazy!! He can't watch home improvement shows because of the shoddy work so many of them do. SORRY - OFF TOPIC!!
    I just happened to walk by the TV at work and a show was on. They were staple gunning flimsy plastic to exterior pillars. It even showed dimples where the staples attached. That would last one summer where I live! I almost thought the show was a parody, but it wasn't.

But, If I lived in Aruba I would slowly grow barnacles on my skin and have remora fish as pets.

(Forgot to include this with my original answer) Give thanks every day for being allowed to live on the One Happy Island.
    Teach kids how to play Cricket, though that may be a bit tricky seeing as Baseball is really big on the island.
    Open a Comic and Hobby Store, or sell comics and novels in the market on weekends.
    Start a book club.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast