Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree59Likes

Thread: If you lived on Aruba, What would you do?

Where we would live, I'm not positive. We have a dear friend who has a place out sort of in the middle of nowhere on the island, and it seems idyllic, though I realize there would be other issues with a situation like that.
    What would we do.... this gets a lot of discussion year after year.
    Ideally, I'd throw myself into the entertainment part during the evening, working around the island with some of the musicians I'm already acquainted with and get myself some sort of regular gig at one of the many resorts. Lots of places to play on the island, and I'm pretty sure the musicians are "respected" and paid fairly well for what they do, or so they've told me.
    Also, I've been offered a position year after year at one of the ranches on the island, and year after year I end up on the plane on the way home running the chances and possibilities over and over with the Lady.
    And there's always the possibility of a holistic therapy practice. I'm a registered and certified Reiki teacher/master, and I've already got a small collection of clients on the island, so perhaps that's a bit of a headstart.
    The Lady would likely get involved in publication of some sort, or considering the digital world is what it is, she can do her freelance editing pretty much anywhere on the planet. She's already dealing with people on a global scale, so as long as there's a connection to the interweb, she's good.

It all seems like a wonderful idea until the logistics and the reality of it smack you in the head.

Were we independently wealthy and not concerned with the realities of the world, including running three or four (I've lost count) small businesses and a music school to boot, we'd be there in a heartbeat.
    I'd love to do the music school on the island, but that too is a concept, which I suppose is where businesses and such originate.

If and when the lottery number hits, we hit the island for as long as allowed, until then, we'll bask in the glory that is Aruba when we can.
    Last edited by Mr. Ratt; 03-23-2016 at 11:03 AM.
    Mr. Ratt
    "It's not having what you want, it's wanting what you've got..."
    Aruba.... May 12, 2018... 3pm at the Tamarijn, see you there.
    http://www.heyoka-healing.com

Lighthouse, Tiera Del Sol, Palm Beach, Baby Beach
    Well we would first have to learn the language, We always teased around and said I would give up my Land Surveying profession and fix golf carts at the courses and DW could work P/T at the Hospital in ER. That being said we are dreaming on ...........

Probably become an alcoholic, quite honestly, drinking on the island is a huge problem.
    Socially it's accepted more than home, whiskey and beer, their drink of choice..

Quote Originally Posted by ricky59 View Post
    Probably become an alcoholic, quite honestly, drinking on the island is a huge problem.
    Socially it's accepted more than home, whiskey and beer, their drink of choice..
    I become dehydrated near the end of my trip from all the nonstop outside activities fueled by Merlot as my energy drink

Open a store specializing in Anime and Manga realted items (books, dvds, posters, t-shirts, collectables etc) with a section where people can come and play board games and stuff.

I guess I am here 7 months a year so maybe I can say that I do live in Aruba. I love to be in the ocean. Diving and snorkeling. I would also LOVE to do fresh seafood cookouts for people on the boards. That is what I LOVE to do in Aruba. Go out and caught fresh seafood and then cook it up. It does not get any fresher than that.
    Snorkel Mangel Halto, day or night with a waterscooter. Check out our website. E-mail Stuart at arubabob@live.com or call Stuart local: 745-7459 Or visit: www.arubabobsnorkeling.com 50th trip Dec 11, 2017

Here are some additional suggestions for things to do when you move to Aruba.

http://caribjournal.com/2016/04/06/t...the-caribbean/

Palm Beach, Arashi Beach and Manchebo Beach
    Open a food truck.

Visit onehappypodcast.com
    the officially unofficial podcast of the island of Aruba. Tips, tricks and stories about the best place on earth! If you don't listen you are missing out.

Eat at Curt's food truck...

Quote Originally Posted by ck1 View Post
    what would i do?

Follow my passion: Exploring everything there is to explore! Every beach, every street, every cave, every area. Museums, churches, cemeteries. Get in touch with aruban artists like painters, dancers, singers, the ones creating jewelry, pottery, etc.

Follow my heart: Getting involved in rescuing dogs and cats, getting in touch with phillip's garden, the donkey sanctuary etc. I would volunteer to educate people about dogs, would take dogs to schools, orphanages and to the homes of elder people. I would like to get in touch with the whole community.

Each morning, i would like to go for a quiet walk on the beach to reflect on life and take in the beauty of ocean.
    Each evening, i would like to take the time to watch the breathtaking sunsets.
    ditto !!!!!
    ARUBA....HOME AWAY FROM HOME

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast