Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree14Likes

Thread: I'm going on my first solo vacation to Aruba... I've got some questions.

I guess I could have googled it as quickly as I typed the message....I just did and I now know the proper definition of a doo rag.

Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    nope

https://www.amazon.com/WAVE-BUILDER-.../dp/B001JTGO7Y

"Stays tight all night"

I don't even know what that means.

Aruba since 1979
    i love it when we go off topic................but we are not off topic as the original poster asked about head coverings/sun protection.

I guess they are recommending it for all night head protection, even while sleeping

Quote Originally Posted by act1966 View Post
    https://www.amazon.com/WAVE-BUILDER-.../dp/B001JTGO7Y

"Stays tight all night"

I don't even know what that means.

Quote Originally Posted by Jacki View Post
    Welcome to the Aruba.com Community Forum!

You have some great responses above. Make sure to reapply that sunscreen even though you don't think you need it! That sun can be brutal!

Walt - someone stole your idea! And is selling it! lol
    dammit!

Eagle Beach, Baby Beach, Arashi Beach Tierra Del Sol golf course
    Quote Originally Posted by Aruba4ever View Post
    I guess I could have googled it as quickly as I typed the message....I just did and I now know the proper definition of a doo rag.
    You can get some good doo rags at the Harley/Davidson stores here. I don't know if the one in Aruba carries them.

They are actually good if one is doing jeep tours ... keeps long hair from being a huge bird's nest...

Thanks for the great responses everyone!

One big thing thats been on my mind is how to protect my personal belongings while on the beach. Initially I was going to lock them in the trunk of my car, but I'm learning that's a bad idea. The most I'll be carrying with me is a bag that'll have my phone, extra batteries, a credit card (i'll leave the rest at the hotel), keys, and some small things like an extra shirt or lotion....

Should I just keep an eye out for it while in the water and hope for the best?

Aruba since 1979
    hi
    check out this thread for locking up your stuff

Locking up Valuables at Beach, Pool or Hotel?

( i got my kiss bag, and sent it back as it is very flimsy/lightweight/very easily cutable chain) will stick with out pac safe instead.

Quote Originally Posted by iamWALRUS77 View Post

One big thing thats been on my mind is how to protect my personal belongings while on the beach. Initially I was going to lock them in the trunk of my car, but I'm learning that's a bad idea. The most I'll be carrying with me is a bag that'll have my phone, extra batteries, a credit card (i'll leave the rest at the hotel), keys, and some small things like an extra shirt or lotion....

CK1
    Anywhere where I can see the turquoise-blue ocean
    Quote Originally Posted by iamWALRUS77 View Post

The sun in Aruba will be brutally hot.

If you decide to really take your phone and extra batteries to the beach, make sure you can store it in the shade. Maybe look for a palapa where you can secure your belongings in a save bag and tie it to the palapa.

Instead of taking a credit card to the beach, I would opt to take some cash. Don't know how much of a hassle it would be to replace a stolen credit card. JMO.

What you will need most on the beach is sun lotion, a hat, sunglasses, maybe an extra t-shirt, possible a beach towel and some water. And your car keys.

If you leave valuables back at your hotel (phone, camera, credit cards, passport, cash ect), I would store it in your safe.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast