Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    abj

I'm on my way. wooohooooo !!!

will be leaving for the airport in a few minutes. should be in aruba around noon time. can't freaking wait. only problem is it will be over before i know it.

abj
    well we made it through security ok...lol. just have to wait another hour and a half to board the plane. fun fun...

Hey abj, have you gotten there safely....??? How's the weather? How's the Rum????? Now that is the really important question....Have fun and send pictures.........
    ARUBA....HOME AWAY FROM HOME

abj
    yup i got here about noon time yesterday. its hot and humid here. more humid then the thought but the breeze kinda cancels that out. the water is awesome. can not believe how clear and blue it is. and a few people i talked to said it was actually rougher and cloudy compared to what it usually is.

flight went well. kinda a small plane for me but i don't fly much . i get all antsy sitting in one place for four hours. got to to the tamaarijn by like 12:30. room wasn't ready yet so we hit the buffet and got changed in the changing rooms. by that time the room was ready and i had to hit the water. man you can walk right in its so warm, love it. so different from the nj stuff i'm used to.. may never go back in the water at home now...lol.

after we finished playing in the water we took a walk down to the divi to check it out. seems nice. made a reservation for the red parrot for tomorrows dinner. last night we got lucky and someone canceled at the papa paparizzi (sp?). good food and nice place. i had to hit the buffet also. awesome food there too. we also hit the pizza per tuti(sp?) bar by the pool. and man they actually have good pizza there. think tyler is gonna be spending alot of time there.. lol.

have the first days pictures loading now. will post them when they are done.

abj

Nice pics! Are you using the wifi connection from your room? What building/room are you in? Just curious with the connection problems we had in 1200 in June.

Have a veggie pizza and Balashi for me.

love the pics! Especially the ones approaching the island - that's always THE MOST exciting moments!

Enjoy your time in paradise!
    Jacki ~ loving Aruba from NJ

Great pics, were you trying to memorize the how to get out in a hurry pictures from the airplane ????? Cute !!!!
    Love the pictures from the air, send more !!!
    ARUBA....HOME AWAY FROM HOME

abj
    Quote Originally Posted by Arubalisa View Post
    Nice pics! Are you using the wifi connection from your room? What building/room are you in? Just curious with the connection problems we had in 1200 in June.

Have a veggie pizza and Balashi for me.

no the room wifi doesn't work anymore. think they said they are going to a new carrier and are working on getting it going in the room again. i am in the lobby using it. had to pay for it. in building 2300 . walk right out the slidding door and there i am on the beach and in the water.

we reserved a few activities today. tomorrow we are doing the jolly pirates and maybe para sailing, wed we are doing the bus tour, thurs we are doing the atv tour and jamie is going to the spa. tyler can't wait to get some snorkeling in. we did some on our own right outside the room and i can't get him out of the water..lol. friday we may try to do some scuba. haven't decided yet though. today we also went into town.

couple things though. if your coming here do not bring american express GIFT cards. they are not acceped on the island anywhere. jamie had a few that she brought and we figured we would use but we can't. not a big deal because we have enough cash to do what we want. just figured i'd give ya a heads up incase someone counts on using them..

secone. definatley book you activities as soon as you get here or even online before you get here. they fill up fast. lucky we just changed the order of when we are doing things and still will do what we wanted.

spent an hour or so at the divi resorts. (the one with the golf course) divi links ?? hearing about a time share. man those places are nice. would love to do it but not sure if its a good deal or just sales talk. but we did get our free gifts and jamie got a $100 card for the spa... gotta love that. gonna try to get a few more pics up to post tonight.

spent an hour or so at the divi resorts. (the one with the golf course) divi links ?? hearing about a time share. man those places are nice. would love to do it but not sure if its a good deal or just sales talk.
    Buy a re-sale from an owner, less expensive than buying out right.

Happy to hear you and your family are having such a terrific time. Your enthusiasm is evident.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast