Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

I'm a Nervous Wreck!!!! Please help!

Hey everyone! So, I just got an email from my wedding planner and she said that October is the rainy season! I understand it rains more in October, but does it rain a lot?????? Like, could it rain for days straight all day long?

For anyone that is really experienced with Aruba in October, what have you found is the norm? I am freaking out!!!!

Marinewifetobe,

Relax, take a deep breath. The rainy season is a figurative term. Aruba is an island at the southern edge of the Caribbean. It can rain anytime for a few minutes, an hour, or not for weeks.

Your special day will be fine regardless of the weather, because you guys love each other and the weather won't change that. Sure, you're making all kinds of preparations and want that perfect day and that's important. But don't lose sight of what's really important which is the meaning of this day.

Back to the weather, Aruba is subject to showers but it really doesn't often rain all day the way it does on more tropical islands or locales. And I've never seen it rain several days in row (this over more than 14 years, including many stays that last in excess of 2-3 months).

You have a good plan to come to Aruba, stick to it and enjoy.
    Aruba's Novelist in Residence (sometimes)
    http://www.bentpage.wordpress.com/

SanNic is Right!

October weather
    Average high temperature 90 F.
    Average low temperature 80 F.
    Average temperature 83 F.
    Average water temperature 83 F.
    Average rainfall 2.60 inches (20.3 inches annual)
    Average windspeed 13 mph

I can understand your concern, but rain in Aruba falls mainly in the form of showers. A lot of times overnight or early morning.

December is actually the rainiest month of the year. During a 13 day stay over this past Christmas and New Years, we had showers just about every single morning. BUT by 10 a.m. the sun was out and shining brightly. We had one single day where there was a heavy morning shower and then sprinkles off and on until about 3 p.m.

We honeymooned in Aruba in October - like Arubalisa said - it did rain a few days during the very morning hours, but by the time we were ready to go out for the day it was beautiful! You will be fine
    Jacki ~ loving Aruba from NJ

Enjoy your honeymon trip to Aruba. And I see by your screen name your getting married to a Marine...Congrats. I have 2 sons in the Marines. Semper Fi

You should be fine. We own Timeshare in October. We have been there and it never has rained and then it rained on and off over a few days during the next visit. We have seen it rain in the morning for a bit as well as the same in the afternoon and over night. But nothing that is going to ruin any wedding plans. It really differs from week to week. Don't worry.

Sept

I was there in September and one of the Sundays was a washout. First time in multiple trips that it rained for more than 10 minutes. This past May, two days were very windy, more than normal and very overcast.

Hello, We own a timeshare during October and the weather has always been great. Had a few showers the last visis but that was during the night. Other than that it was great. Have a great time

Don't worry! We've been to Aruba 6 times, always in the fall, and we have only seen a few drops of rain one time only. Enjoy!

Thank you everyone!!!! You all have made me feel much better!
    No matter what happens, it will still be wonderful, but I truly hope we can have everything on the beach as planned. My wedding planner just made me a little nervous this morning with an email. I guess when she said "rainy season" I was imagining rain everyday, all day long.

Thanks again!

Subruk: Congrats on having 2 sons in the Marine Corps. I am truly honored to be marrying a Marine and to be marrying into the lifestyle. I am always so proud to tell people I am marrying a Marine (sometimes I go overboard...lol). Please tell your sons thank you for their service to our country

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast