Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Any of Aruba's beaches, Sand dunes on North shore, Sitting among huge boulders overlooking the beautiful tropical desert scenery

Importing a Puppy From the US or Netherlands

It has been my dream since I was a girl to adopt a Golden retriever puppy. Now that we have our own house with a big garden, we would like to finally buy our first dog but there doesn't seem to be any Golden Retriever puppies available in Aruba at the moment.

I know there are many local rescue puppies that need a home, but I've waited my whole life to finally be in a place and time where we are settled enough to responsibly commit to adopting a dog and would love it to be a little Golden.

I'm wondering if anybody has any experience with buying a puppy from the US or the Netherlands and importing to Aruba? I've read somewhere that all dogs must have a special microchip, but isn't a 8-week old puppy too young for microchips? Also there are certain required vaccinations that can't be given to puppies yet...so does it mean we can only import adult dogs?

I'm grateful for any help or advice regarding this topic, thank you!

Aruba since 1979
    contact any aruba veterinarian on aruba for advice re: dog.
    are you on aruba now or in st kitts?

yes you can bring in puppies into aruba.
    some vaccinations required.
    health certificate required and a current health certificate is good for 10 days or less.

also contact ARFaruba.com
    they are a rescue group and although you are not interested in adopting they may be of assistance.

Any of Aruba's beaches, Sand dunes on North shore, Sitting among huge boulders overlooking the beautiful tropical desert scenery
    Hi Andrea,
    I'm currently on a holiday in Nevis.
    We called one of the vets in Aruba to ask if there are any local Golden retriever puppies but we did not think of asking them about bringing a puppy into Aruba. Will certainly contact them about this.
    Actually, I was just at the ARFaruba.com website, it's great what they have accomplished so far and what they are trying to do. I will contact them as well.
    Thank you for your advice

Aruba since 1979
    also
    you may want to check out breeders in the USA re: pups. (let google be your friend)

ask the breeders about transport.

the aruba vets should be able to give you much guidance about entry regulations.

good luck

QUOTE=HappyIslander;213815]Hi Andrea,
    I'm currently on a holiday in Nevis.
    We called one of the vets in Aruba to ask if there are any local Golden retriever puppies but we did not think of asking them about bringing a puppy into Aruba. Will certainly contact them about this.
    Actually, I was just at the ARFaruba.com website, it's great what they have accomplished so far and what they are trying to do. I will contact them as well.
    Thank you for your advice[/QUOTE]

Aruba since 1979

Thanks sooo much!

To me the big problem is getting your dog to Aruba. Most airlines do not allow pets below in luggage anymore.

You might need some to bring the puppy as their carry-on. Which means a $100 fee and the person loses their carry-on as the dog will be it.
    Eagle Beach Boy
    Ontario, Canada

Andrea

The link you posted to the Aruba Cat/Dog import restrictions. Do the same restrictions apply for visitors who will take their pet home with them ? I am assuming the documnet is referring to importing cat/dog to keep them on the island permanently.

John

Someone told me about Continental Airlines, I'm wondering if anybody has used their services before?

We will look into all possible angles to ensure our new puppy doesn't come home too stressed

Thanks Eagle Beach Boy

Quote Originally Posted by Eagle Beach Boy View Post
    To me the big problem is getting your dog to Aruba. Most airlines do not allow pets below in luggage anymore.

You might need some to bring the puppy as their carry-on. Which means a $100 fee and the person loses their carry-on as the dog will be it.

Aruba since 1979
    you may want to private message SUGAR or stellabillR (kathy and stella of the ARFARUBA)
    going to the usa
    dogs must be current on vaccinations (documentation required)
    vet certificate (must be current)

but, kathy or stellabillR will know more info as they are often sending dogs to the USAQUOTE=aquaman;213841]Andrea

The link you posted to the Aruba Cat/Dog import restrictions. Do the same restrictions apply for visitors who will take their pet home with them ? I am assuming the documnet is referring to importing cat/dog to keep them on the island permanently.

John[/QUOTE]

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast