Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree17Likes

Thread: Inclement Weather. What steps do you take to not " lose your vacation"?

Reniassance Island & Surf Club Lazy River

Inclement Weather. What steps do you take to not " lose your vacation"?

So it appears that a large snow is getting ready to bear down on us.

What steps do you do to make sure it doesn't " take over" your vacation?

1.Before we leave we secure snow removal and make sure that person makes the house look lived in
    2. If kids are home we leave all the IMPt phone number and more IMPt how to turn generator on, snowblower( fiancÚ)
    3. We make note of every airlines flights in or out surrounding our days with their phone numbers
    4. Make temp reservations for our last days if we need s place to stay

Lastly say a prayer we and family are safe

wishing all that could be affected on this upcoming store are safe and get to enjoy their Aruba time

Aruba since 1979
    Unfortunately most airlines do not allow "free" changes til the airline posts a travel advisory.
    Lots of issues and worries when traveling in the Winter.

We won't generally travel in January/February but will take a chance on March just because we don't want to deal with snow issues. Jet Blue does offer insurance which includes a one time/any reason cancellation so we probably would use that. We are also very fortunate that our neighbors shovel us out. They think we're old!

We don't travel (by air) in the winter months. Still have little ones in school. Hopefully, someday, we will take an adult only trip for a month or two in the winter
    Jacki ~ loving Aruba from NJ

Anything at my disposal including, but not limited to, deals with god, tantrums, voo-doo, threats, crying and generally stamping my feet at the universe until the plane takes off.

This is our first year in many that we are traveling during the winter months. When we left in Dec/Jan we did not take any precautions because the long range forecast was clear. With our Feb trip coming up I will be watching the weather closely and IF there was a chance a storm would affect us leaving, I would bang in sick and leave early, lol.

Arashi Beach, Hyatt, Radisson, Shopping, Flea Market, Downtown, Palm Beach, Everything
    we don't usually travel into the real winter months. However, if we start doing that, which we might starting after next year (once hubby retires), I love Cindy's idea of making temporary arrangements on the end of vacation in case you have to stay another day or two. it might cost you for a night (some places require 24 hour notice for cancellation) but the peace of mind is well worth it. I'd rather pay for one night I don't use then sleep in the airport. That is a small price to pay for travelling in the snow east coast winter months.

We haven't traveled in the winter months to Aruba, but we have gone places here in the states. We buy trip insurance that covers everything, flight, timeshare/hotel, rental car... everything. We consider it money well spent, especially if we don't have to use it.

And lands...

Quote Originally Posted by act1966 View Post
    Anything at my disposal including, but not limited to, deals with god, tantrums, voo-doo, threats, crying and generally stamping my feet at the universe until the plane takes off.
    TRIP 15 OCTOBER 2018

OUR COUPLE'S RETREAT. THE PEARL CONDO HOTEL AT EAGLE BEACH. CONDO ACCOMMODATES TWO ADULTS. YOU MUST REQUEST UNIT #8. https://photos.app.goo.gl/lRquP1F4VtxyZhR42 RENTING DIRECTLY THROUGH http://www.thepearlaruba.com/.

We haven't traveled in the winter months yet but have an upcoming trip this March, so this thread has me thinking..
    TRIP 15 OCTOBER 2018

OUR COUPLE'S RETREAT. THE PEARL CONDO HOTEL AT EAGLE BEACH. CONDO ACCOMMODATES TWO ADULTS. YOU MUST REQUEST UNIT #8. https://photos.app.goo.gl/lRquP1F4VtxyZhR42 RENTING DIRECTLY THROUGH http://www.thepearlaruba.com/.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast