Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree17Likes

Thread: Inclement Weather. What steps do you take to not " lose your vacation"?

Natural Pool, Druif Beach, Eagle Beach, California Lighthouse, Helicopter
    We've only flown in March (with no problems) but this year will be a couple weeks earlier than usual. In the back of my mind I'm a little worried but I keep telling myself I'll get to Aruba one way or another. Make me stay a day or two extra - I welcome it.

Aruba since 1979
    2 words to always keep in the back of your mind

Trip Insurance

Please always check out different plans for trip insurance.

Palm Beach, Eagle Beach, any beach
    In the 90s we always went in the winter. We never had a problem with weather. We always hoped to be on the island when a big storm hit the northern U.S. so we would be stranded in Aruba for a few extra days. Never got that lucky.

I did hear yesterday that some airlines were allowing passengers to change flights without incurring fees.

I also heard on the morning news a great tip that I never thought of myself. Don't check a bag if there is a possibility of flight changes. If you take solely a carry-on you don't have to worry about having already checked your luggage if you need to change flights. Although, I've never yet been able to go to Aruba with solely a carry-on. I'd like another trip to give it another chance though. LOL

In a word...prayer. I just printed out my boarding pass to fly out of JFK tomorrow. Back when I bought my ticket, I almost booked for today (because I wanted to try JetBlue Mint), but JetBlue had a sale on regular seats so I stayed with Sunday. God is good...

Eagle Beach, Baby Beach, Arashi Beach Tierra Del Sol golf course
    We have never been before April or after November so the only time we had weather related delays was when there was a tornado and bad storms in Miami of all places. Flight from DFW was delayed 3 hours.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12