Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: inconsiderate people

inconsiderate people

A few things I observed during my last trip that drove me crazy:

- people who play their music loudly on the beach! I would like to enjoy the sounds of the ocean and I do like to hear the distant music of Moomba but it is not blaring so that is all I hear.

- people who insist on playing ball in the water in areas that have lots of people. This year I had people throwing the football over my head as I floated in the ocean. Others were playing with some sort of small ball that had to bounce in the water before catching it. In both instances there were three people playing and standing at a very large distance between them. Hence throwing footballs over the heads of people in the water. The other game when the ball would bounce it would splash people who were relaxing in the water. This happened daily and not only "kids" doing this. Even when I asked nicely to please not throw the football over my head I was ignored

- one group of people decided to bring their loud music onto a float in the water. Same comments as above, enjoy your music via earphones.

- people show up late to the beach and decide they want to squeeze their chairs into a space that is practically sitting on your chair. I have had people put their chair up to mine in a way that I can't walk up to my chair or put the back down without hitting them. REALLY?

What makes you crazy?
    happiness is going to Aruba with your adult kids because they still want to come with their parents

Quote Originally Posted by Randi View Post

- people who play their music loudly on the beach! I would like to enjoy the sounds of the ocean..

What makes you crazy?
    Yes, folks that seem to think that because they like the music they are playing then everyone within earshot does too! This is so annoying to me, I like peace and quiet at the beach not someone else's idea of fine music...

Quote Originally Posted by NH Mark View Post
    Yes, folks that seem to think that because they like the music they are playing then everyone within earshot does too! This is so annoying to me, I like peace and quiet at the beach not someone else's idea of fine music...
    On another site someone asked if the Surf Club had wifi on the beach so she could use here speakers. I respectfully pointed out that people around her didn't really want to hear her music and that she might consider earphones. If you can believe this, she didn't even realize that the speakers might be a problem to some!!
    happiness is going to Aruba with your adult kids because they still want to come with their parents

What makes you crazy?

I don't recall loud music being much of an issue on Eagle Beach, but I could do without the noisy groups who insist on conversing loudly between palapas for what seems like hours, yelling back and forth about the same restaurants over and over again.

Arashi Beach, Hyatt, Radisson, Shopping, Flea Market, Downtown, Palm Beach, Everything
    Quote Originally Posted by Randi View Post

- people show up late to the beach and decide they want to squeeze their chairs into a space that is practically sitting on your chair. I have had people put their chair up to mine in a way that I can't walk up to my chair or put the back down without hitting them. REALLY?

What makes you crazy?
    That was my complaint this past Nov/Dec. We get to the beach early to get a palapa and then I am sandwiched to it because people just plop down. I have had a major major fight with people. Most of the people are cruise people and they are nasty, told me basically too bad, I don't own the beach. Please let me state, it is never ever the Aruban people that do this, they are the nicest, most considerate people. But it drives me crazy. This year I intend to spread out with blankets and extra chairs we don't need and surround the area so the only available sand will be a distance away. I say get your butt up early and get a palapa. We do.

At home we would run into these issues a lot! In Aruba, not so much. Just once at the Divi with music on the beach but they didn’t stay long.

Hmmm. Just a reinforcement of why we rarely go to the beach. Pool only!

What annoys me is people who go down to the beach very early to claim a palapa and then don't come back until noon. I think some leave the chairs overnight. I was temped to go down around midnight and move all the chairs into a pile. I was told that someone had chained and locked their chairs overnight to a palapa. The police were called, they cut the chain and put all the chairs next to the trash.

I also hate the cars who blare their music near the beach. When we were painting, we would keep the sliding door open to air out the condo at night. I was woken by music from a car parked at the beach around 3 am.

People smoking at the beach and pool(it isn't allowed but they do it anyway).

Arashi Beach, Hyatt, Radisson, Shopping, Flea Market, Downtown, Palm Beach, Everything
    We get to the beach at about 8:30 and stay all day. What annoys me are those that come at noon and think they can take over our palapa. We usually leave the beach about 3, they can have it then. Although I always share with a local, since they are polite and ask.

One thing I’ve accepted is that annoying people can be anywhere, and for that I’ve learned not to let it annoy me
    Last edited by schexc; 03-23-2018 at 07:30 AM.

OUR COUPLE'S RETREAT. THE PEARL CONDO HOTEL AT EAGLE BEACH. CONDO ACCOMMODATES TWO ADULTS. YOU MUST REQUEST UNIT #8. https://photos.app.goo.gl/lRquP1F4VtxyZhR42 RENTING DIRECTLY THROUGH http://www.thepearlaruba.com/.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast